sharetrader
Page 155 of 191 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1906

Lance Roberts brings all your bearish articles into one place.
    http://streettalklive.com/index.php/blog.html?id=2815

Here is one to panic over
    http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Column...Warning-Signal

Winner69, How much downside protection do you have in your portfolio?
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Lance Roberts brings all your bearish articles into one place.
    http://streettalklive.com/index.php/blog.html?id=2815

Here is one to panic over
    http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Column...Warning-Signal

Winner69, How much downside protection do you have in your portfolio?
    Noodles, not into hedging / options if that is your question

So in theory none - just sell when the squiggly lines say so and sit it out on the sidelinesu

What do you do?
    Last edited by winner69; 26-07-2015 at 09:14 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Noodles, not into hedging / options if that is your question

So in theory none - just sell when the squiggly lines say so and sit it out on the sidelinesu

What do you do?
    I short the index. I'm about 15% hedged ATM.

Guru

Dated 21st September 2014 Post#1431
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Rising wedge + falling Volume = your guess

UPDATE: As of 24th July 2015

Last edited by Hoop; 27-07-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Guru

Last edited by Hoop; 27-07-2015 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Hmmm..Ooops, should be Sentiment not sediment

I short the index. I'm about 15% hedged ATM.
    Noodles, what does this insurance 'cost' you?

Thanks Hoop,

My biggest challenge at the moment is to formulate a strategy to hedge my portfolio against the inevitable bear market. I am thinking that the S&P500 provides enough correlation to the NZX. Now the challenge is to build a short position. I plan to add short positions as evidence of a US Bear market develops. The lack of market breadth in the US markets could be the first sign that this bull is nearly over (or even over as we speak).

But I'm not confident enough to load up yet. I am looking for confirmations to add shorts. Perhaps a break below 2094 would be a good point as it would mean a lower high.

What would you be looking for?

Guru

Thanks Hoop,

My biggest challenge at the moment is to formulate a strategy to hedge my portfolio against the inevitable bear market. I am thinking that the S&P500 provides enough correlation to the NZX. Now the challenge is to build a short position. I plan to add short positions as evidence of a US Bear market develops. The lack of market breadth in the US markets could be the first sign that this bull is nearly over (or even over as we speak).

But I'm not confident enough to load up yet. I am looking for confirmations to add shorts. Perhaps a break below 2094 would be a good point as it would mean a lower high.

What would you be looking for?
    S&P500 has a descending broadening pattern in play, a useless pattern as it can break up or down with 50/50 probability..however the last correction attempt (another cry wolf) which should've reached 2020 got arrested at and respected the MA200 line (resistance) so now its heading back up to its record top again...Arrested falls can be bullish as they sometimes signal a near future pattern breakout...so chances are, in the short term it wouldn't surprise me to see it reach at least 2130 again which is the top boundary of the broadening pattern.

Going nowhere behaviour without a trading pattern (rectangle) and crying wolf can be a bitch for everyone, the long and the short investors and for chartists..if the S&P500 chart doesn't know where it going, neither will the Chartist....

Noodles, you have been been in the share market game for a while now and not being confident demonstrates that you are trying very hard to find a bearish reason yet your inner self knows that now is not the time...so listen to you instincts.....the charts will tell you when a downtrend becomes established (lower high, lower low) and by then your instincts will confirm...................don't let cognitive dissonance rule as this behaviour is the enemy..
    Last edited by Hoop; 02-08-2015 at 11:16 PM.

S&P500 has a descending broadening pattern in play, a useless pattern as it can break up or down with 50/50 probability..however the last correction attempt (another cry wolf) which should've reached 2020 got arrested at and respected the MA200 line (resistance) so now its heading back up to its record top again...Arrested falls can be bullish as they sometimes signal a near future pattern breakout...so chances are, in the short term it wouldn't surprise me to see it reach at least 2130 again which is the top boundary of the broadening pattern.

Going nowhere behaviour without a trading pattern (rectangle) and crying wolf can be a bitch for everyone, the long and the short investors and for chartists..if the S&P500 chart doesn't know where it going, neither will the Chartist....

Noodles, you have been been in the share market game for a while now and not being confident demonstrates that you are trying very hard to find a bearish reason yet your inner self knows that now is not the time...so listen to you instincts.....the charts will tell you when a downtrend becomes established (lower high, lower low) and by then your instincts will confirm...................don't let cognitive dissonance rule as this behaviour is the enemy..
    Yes, I think you are right. I have a few "issues" to work through. lol
    I'm not sure I trust my instincts, so I was really looking for a mechanical approach. Lower high in place. Waiting for lower low before adding to the short.

I can't give you any more reputation, so maybe someone else can do it on my behalf.

I reckon 2134 will be good support after the S&P500 reaches new highs again

Things will be OK this year, Janet will see to that