sharetrader
Page 156 of 191 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1906

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I reckon 2134 will be good support after the S&P500 reaches new highs again

Things will be OK this year, Janet will see to that
    S&P500 has just dipped below 200EMA in after hours trading. We may have already had the high for 2015.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

US markets been weak(ish) since Ali Baba IPO .... that was probably when this bull cycle ended

NZ in similar mode .... possibly look back later in the year and say yes things did start looking bad in February and its been all downhill since then.

these things take time to unfold
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    S&P500 has a descending broadening pattern in play, a useless pattern as it can break up or down with 50/50 probability..however the last correction attempt (another cry wolf) which should've reached 2020 got arrested at and respected the MA200 line (resistance) so now its heading back up to its record top again...Arrested falls can be bullish as they sometimes signal a near future pattern breakout...so chances are, in the short term it wouldn't surprise me to see it reach at least 2130 again which is the top boundary of the broadening pattern.

Going nowhere behaviour without a trading pattern (rectangle) and crying wolf can be a bitch for everyone, the long and the short investors and for chartists..if the S&P500 chart doesn't know where it going, neither will the Chartist....

Noodles, you have been been in the share market game for a while now and not being confident demonstrates that you are trying very hard to find a bearish reason yet your inner self knows that now is not the time...so listen to you instincts.....the charts will tell you when a downtrend becomes established (lower high, lower low) and by then your instincts will confirm...................don't let cognitive dissonance rule as this behaviour is the enemy..
    Breach of 2040 will knock out recent support and long term trend line. I'm not the only one watching that number.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Breach of 2040 will knock out recent support and long term trend line. I'm not the only one watching that number.
    It's happened, breach of 2040 and long term uptrend broken. The bull is probably dead.

Carnage ... and is not even October

Investor

Holy cow, is the world ending soon??? Or is it the big instos dropping a hint to Fed "no rate rise".

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    It's happened, breach of 2040 and long term uptrend broken. The bull is probably dead.
    Over the last few weeks I've placed some non-expiring short positions on the S&P500. This is purely as a hedge against my NZX/ASX portfolio. I've become more aggressive as the technicals have deteriorated.
    2099, 2096, 2063, 2030.

I can't predict what will happen on Monday, but a relief rally up to 2040 would be normal behavior.

A interesting read here. Basically saying that certain sectors drop first, then the whole market fails a few months later. I wonder if that applies to the NZX/ASX? The Tech, Banking, resources, and mining services have lead the ASX.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3452...t-has-2-phases

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Holy cow, is the world ending soon??? Or is it the big instos dropping a hint to Fed "no rate rise".
    I've always held view Janet is not going raise rates until well into next year. If she does they will be small and irregular nobody will notice.

They say 'Janet, no real turmoil in the markets until the elections'

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/so...-market-2015-8

High probability of a bear ....indicator highest since the Great Recession.