sharetrader
Page 174 of 191 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1906

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Still waiting. It is really a buy everything or buy nothing decision for me at the moment(Patience will win again for now but how long can this go on).
    I guess I'll have to join the revolution of the people who missed the boom and the young people who never had a chance to buy real assets with funny money. On the bright side October last year, just to sate a desire to do something/anything while everyone around me becomes a millionaire I bought small lots of OGC & NCM sadly the share parcels were so small the great results aren't making much difference to my net worth.
    I admire your optimistic outlook.
    Optimistic outlook for now .... Janet been told to make sure that happens

But a 'crash' will come one day and S&P500 will be <1000

Projected low term (10 year plus) returns on US equities are about 1%pa (in theory according to some commentators)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The S&P500 still rising - 2200 beckons next week as results beat expectations (ie not as bad as forecast)

No worries

This is a worry though -

The market meandered about for the next seven months going nowhere. It then suddenly dropped in January and February, falling 13% from its May 2015 high. This was unacceptable tocentral bankers around the globe who believe stock market gains are the only factor reflecting the health of our economic system. Maybe it’s because they are only beholden to bankers, oligarchs, corporate chieftains, corrupt politicians, and unaccountable bureaucrats. Central bankers from around the world have come to the rescue by buying stocks and providing unlimited liquidity to banks and corporations so they can buyback their own stocks. The result, is new record highs.

From this good piece. http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article55883.html
    Last edited by winner69; 15-07-2016 at 09:01 AM.

S&P500 still reaching new highs

EPS decline not as bad as expected

No worries

Guru

Janet's pixie dust making the equity investors feel good..Powerful stuff that.

worth noting VIX is below 12 - not a lot of fear out there....

S&P500 still rising

Earnings going to be down for 5th quarter in a row .......and analyst forecasts for Q3 have now gone negative as well

Bit the world is happy as can be so no worries

As of today, the blended earnings decline for the second quarter for the S&P 500 stands at -3.7%. Factoring in the average improvement in earnings growth during a typical earnings season due to upside earnings surprises, it still appears likely the S&P 500 will report a year-over-year decline in earnings for the second quarter. If the index does report a year-over-year decline in earnings for the second quarter, it will mark the first time the index has reported five consecutive quarters of year-over-year declines in earnings since Q3 2008 through Q3 2009.

http://www.factset.com/insight/2016/...s#.V5PWFpEaySM
    Last edited by winner69; 24-07-2016 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
    worth noting VIX is below 12 - not a lot of fear out there....
    Then again it's implying that maybe a 3.5% increase is possible

Not much but would take S&P500 close to 2250

No worries

@EddyElfenbein: Of S&P 500 companies that have changed guidance, nearly 90% have been HIGHER. That's the best rate in six years.

It's all about perception - reality doesn't come into it

So 2250 beckons and then 2500

No worries
    Last edited by winner69; 26-07-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Guru

Winner..
    I'm not sure what to make of this GAAP v non-GAAP reporting issue....My opinion with Marketwatch are that they are "Drama Queens" some good stuff mixed with total rubbish...Although GAAP reporting is compulsory MarketWatch are suggesting the companies highlight their non-GAAP results as those results are nearly always higher than the GAAP results. It makes the Company look better and the media focuses on Non-GAAP figures. MarketWatch also mentioned the use of made up unaudited figures in non-GAAP results.

They say Wall Street analysts often measure forecasts with non-GAAP results...

Winner, Roger, others,...what do you all make of this??..
    A Company Fundamentals are becoming very complicated for this kid to understand... all this financial spin doctoring...whew
    Last edited by Hoop; 28-07-2016 at 10:47 AM.

Read this somewhere - seems to sum it up

Watching this market is like watching Trump’s candidacy. Everyone is waiting for both to crash and burn but they keep climbing to greater heights. Even Fox News appears to oppose Trump without much effect just as the stock market sets new records in the midst of gloomy economic news all around.