sharetrader
Page 180 of 191 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1906
    Guru

From Seeking Alpha comes this balanced article for us Techies , analyses the state of the S&P 500 and which way it could go..
    Technically Speaking: Bullish Or Bearish? by Lance Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Fair call, I understand that, and the polls probably are sliding, although he is more robust in the electoral ones that matter. Still not there but close enough to have a shot. What I am saying is that any market moves over the last 2 weeks or so should not have been because of an increased Clinton win because well there has not been an increased winning chance for Clinton in the last 2 weeks. Anyhow its a moot point. Because Clinton is almost guaranteed to win, there will be more turmoil if she does not one thinks than if she does.
    certainly a closing of the gap recently, and this is before the FBI announcement.

"... an ABC News/Washington Post tracking poll released on Saturday Clinton’s lead over Trump has shrunk to two points from as many as 12 points less than a week ago, according to Bloomberg. The poll was conducted October 24-27, before the FBI announced it might open a new investigation into Clinton’s emails."

A week is a long time in politics , I'm anticipating a large relief rally in November but wont pre-empt it.

Good old Janet - saved the day again by being a bit 'dovish'. She doing a great job for them.

Could have been carnage the way things were heading - below 2100 and all that
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

From twitterland

@carlquintanilla: S&P hasn't had 8 losing sessions in a row since .. Oct 2008. (via @peterschack) @CNBC

No worries though - just the ups and downs of a market
    Last edited by winner69; 04-11-2016 at 07:23 AM.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/01/why-s...eks-ahead.html

Whystocks may be set for a huge move in the weeks ahead

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    From twitterland

@carlquintanilla: S&P hasn't had 8 losing sessions in a row since .. Oct 2008. (via @peterschack) @CNBC

No worries though - just the ups and downs of a market
    Now 9 in a row, that has not happened since..... I have no idea, somewhere I hear 1980 on the tv but do not quote me on that one.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Now 9 in a row, that has not happened since..... I have no idea, somewhere I hear 1980 on the tv but do not quote me on that one.
    Ditto 9 days up on VIX, 27 years since that last happened. http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$VIX

But as reported here, http://www.marketwatch.com/story/her...ars-2016-11-03, "While the current slump is shallow by comparison, the market has suffered some technical damage. The S&P 500 closed at a nearly four-month low, ending just a few points above its 200-day moving average, which many market technicians see as an important support level."

"There’s something strange about the stock market’s long losing streak" http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...eak-2016-11-02

"In the days ahead with volatility likely to pick up as U.S. voters go to the polls to elect the next president, it may make sense to view the market through a wider lens." http://www.marketwatch.com/story/wor...art-2016-11-03

No worries eh.

we have a long wick now for November , can it turn green and engulf!!! ?

Hoop - Copper on a roll the last few weeks

Good positive sign

No worries