sharetrader
Page 455 of 455 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455
Results 4,541 to 4,548 of 4548

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    That’s the scenario. Minorities could of course participate in the CR in which case the status quo stays (ie. Bright stays at 39%].

Reality though is that between 5% to 10% of shareholders do not normally participate in any CR. More so when the stock has lost them so much money.

Hard to believe that SML was trading at over $10+ at one time!!!!

HGH is a case in point in recent times - I think 15% of minority retail shareholders did not participate so the underwriters ended up with 15m shares.
    Thanks Balance,
    This is going to be a doozy, what a scenario…Bright can pretty much take their ball and go home in a way if others ( minority shareholders) don’t play ball…like you say they propose a CR, underwritten by themselves, no one agrees, receivers called in…who would touch the asset (Dunsandal) when everyone knows the SAMR license that allows the product to be sold in China is issued by Bright ( my own belief)
    My belief is Bright hold all the big cards in this.
    We will all know in a few short months, best of luck to all us holders.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeguy View Post
    Thanks Balance,
    This is going to be a doozy, what a scenario…Bright can pretty much take their ball and go home in a way if others ( minority shareholders) don’t play ball…like you say they propose a CR, underwritten by themselves, no one agrees, receivers called in…who would touch the asset (Dunsandal) when everyone knows the SAMR license that allows the product to be sold in China is issued by Bright ( my own belief)
    My belief is Bright hold all the big cards in this.
    We will all know in a few short months, best of luck to all us holders.
    Sidebar. Fonterra shareholders were gutted (in more ways than one) when Westland went to the Chinese. They were underwater everywhere at the time and largely because of China investments. Wouldn't it be great to get all those suppliers back in the national team?

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/viewpo...-losses-815699 puts a different perspective on things

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    Sidebar. Fonterra shareholders were gutted (in more ways than one) when Westland went to the Chinese. They were underwater everywhere at the time and largely because of China investments. Wouldn't it be great to get all those suppliers back in the national team?
    Heavens forbid!

The dairy industry in NZ desperately needs competition to ensure that Fonterra does not behave like it did in the past - arrogant, backward and vision less.

Long may competition thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by billkiapi View Post
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/viewpo...-losses-815699 puts a different perspective on things
    Wow! I did not realise this… holy sh.t…

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeguy View Post
    Wow! I did not realise this… holy sh.t…
    Good summary Bikeguy ! I felt the same.

Dairy prices continue to trend upwards in latest auction :

https://www.globaldairytrade.info/en...e-milk-powder/

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Good summary Bikeguy ! I felt the same.
    My assumptions have all been based on the feeling Bright would not let SML go…have to say now I might have made a mistake.