sharetrader
Page 61 of 442 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

I wonder if the recent news items about Danone's two new milk ventures in NZ may have important impact on Synlait businesses?
    (Also their apparent rejection of further doing business with Fonterra in future sounds quite serious. Euro big boys throwing considerable weight around ... )

I meant to add my thanks also to recent posters above about that meeting presentation.
    Now to join the patient peasants awaiting the formal results next week ...

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    I went to Dr John Pennos' presentation on Synlait last night. Great guy. Great presentation.He touched briefly on the Chinese registration process, but did not seem too distracted by it,as in it should happen in the next month. Their new processing/canning line is very best in class, so it is just as the Grinch was saying- Nothing to get worked up about. He mostly talked in general about Synlait, its history and future opportunities. He could not go into numbers, as the result and annual report will both be out on Monday.
    Yes, thanks for that feedback zigzag , I must learn to have more patience.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Funny, I was at the same presentation. I thought he took a long time to say not much. What he did communicate was that they are best in class, but he failed to communicate why they were a good investment.
    Noodles. They did have a question time, and Mr Penno stayed on for about 20 minutes afterwards, for quite a relaxed and friendly/informative chat, during which he fielded questions on all manner of topics.

Interesting fact. In the drying process the main bi-product is a heap of water which they used to use to irrigate surrounding farmland, but now it is injected back into the water-table. They actually return more water than they take. I meant to ask if Judith Collins ever drank their milk, but we ran out of time.
    Last edited by zigzag; 18-09-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Funny, I was at the same presentation. I thought he took a long time to say not much. What he did communicate was that they are best in class, but he failed to communicate why they were a good investment.
    Noodles I think you made a good observation. SML is more than likely a good company going forwards but the present share price nearly a dollar (45%) above last year IPO might not make buying now a good investment.

Nice little 4% bounce today , even though it was on a few thousand shares. I guess we'll see if it's justified come monday.

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1G0LD View Post
    Nice little 4% bounce today , even though it was on a few thousand shares. I guess we'll see if it's justified come monday.
    Might be another bounce today,
    Synlait Milk has posted a $19.6 million net profit after tax (NPAT) for the year ending 31 July 2014, an increase of 70% compared to the $11.5 million NPAT for FY2013, and in line with its prospective financial information (PFI) forecast of $19.7 million.
    Revenue was $600 million in FY2014, an increase of 43% compared to $420 million for FY2013, and well ahead of the PFI forecast of $524 million.
    Disc: Happy holder

Quote Originally Posted by In4a$ View Post
    Might be another bounce today,
    Synlait Milk has posted a $19.6 million net profit after tax (NPAT) for the year ending 31 July 2014, an increase of 70% compared to the $11.5 million NPAT for FY2013, and in line with its prospective financial information (PFI) forecast of $19.7 million.
    Revenue was $600 million in FY2014, an increase of 43% compared to $420 million for FY2013, and well ahead of the PFI forecast of $524 million.
    Disc: Happy holder
    Yes, no further downgrade was good too , all we need now is positive announcement re registration .