sharetrader
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Crude Oil

Guru

Historically speaking Oil isn't under priced today (chart adjusted for inflation) ...I know this question is simplistic but..what did the greedy bastards do with the all money when they where fleecing us (for nearly a decade) just a few years ago?
    Last edited by Hoop; 19-06-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Historically speaking Oil isn't under priced today (chart adjusted for inflation) ...I know this question is simplistic but..what did the greedy bastards do with the all money when they where fleecing us (for nearly a decade) just a few years ago?
    there is always a way to spend money
    Attachment 8921
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    there is always a way to spend money
    Attachment 8921
    Pretty sad though, that his hawks had to fly economy. Maybe the low oil price starts already to bite. I'd expect better from a real Saudi royalty .
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

This snippet below is reckoning 5 years now JB and just how many reserves left do the saudis really have?

"Are we in an oil rout on the cusp of a oil crisis?

Yes, very much so, and I think they have their 5 year time frame about right. Oil is traded on a very short term outlook which is currently signalling "glut" but the long term supply outlook is grim.

What to make of an industry that is discovering so much less than its annual demand? Demand runs in excess of 96 m barrels per day (equals 35 billion barrels per year) and yet the industry discovered just 2.4 billion barrels last year and has averaged just 9 billion barrels of discoveries per year over the last 15. Another oil price spike is surely coming - it will be great for Lithium and great for oil producing investments at the same time."
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 02-07-2017 at 09:25 AM. Reason: " "

Yes I agree long term some of quality over sold Oil&Gas companies will give smart
    Buyers some pretty spectacular returns ... maybe next year I might dip my toes back
    Into some oilers.... only really interested in Aus east coast gas plays in the sector
    Currently
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

https://www.thebalance.com/oil-price-forecast-3306219

The idea of oil at $200/b seems catastrophic to the American way of life. But people in the European Union were paying the equivalent of about $250/b for years due to high taxes. That didn't stop the EU from being the world's third-largest oil consumer. As long as people have time to adjust, they will find ways to live with higher oil prices.

Furthermore, 2020 is only three years away. Look how volatile prices have been in the last 10 years. In March 2006, a barrel of Brent Crude sold for around $60/b. It skyrocketed to $145/b in 2008. It leveled out to around $100/b in 2014. It plummeted to a 13-year low in January, then doubled to current levels. If shale oil producers go out of business, and Iran doesn't produce what it says it could, prices could return to their historical levels of $70 - $100 a barrel. OPEC is counting on it.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

I've recently acquired some CVN, the oil sector is unloved, but gas in Aussie is an increasing issue re demand. CVN has both and an exceptional strike rate in the NW shelf WA where all there projects are concentrated.

Well worth a read of the last presentation and quarterly.

Market cap around 90m with 52m cash and no debt.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I've recently acquired some CVN, the oil sector is unloved, but gas in Aussie is an increasing issue re demand. CVN has both and an exceptional strike rate in the NW shelf WA where all there projects are concentrated.

Well worth a read of the last presentation and quarterly.

Market cap around 90m with 52m cash and no debt.
    Yes CVN always been on the radar when I've been bullish on the sector and have held before >> still not confident in the short term outside Aus East coast Gas >> only holding RLE in the O&G sector >> but can see myself trading more next year ...

Need to see the huge under investment in the Oil sector play out over the next few years of continued high oil use to see the supply demand ratio kick the oil price much higher ....

worth a read
    https://srsroccoreport.com/u-s-smash...-in-the-world/

Im actually in the process of divesting my oil stocks... recent data suggests both bull and bearish sentiment in oil...
    uk along with france and a bunch of other countries are in the process of banning new cars from 2040 and moving towards electric... this is a great step for mankind and something I never thought would happen...
    aussie oil stocks have been boring for a decade now time to make some real money

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Im actually in the process of divesting my oil stocks... recent data suggests both bull and bearish sentiment in oil...
    uk along with france and a bunch of other countries are in the process of banning new cars from 2040 and moving towards electric... this is a great step for mankind and something I never thought would happen...
    aussie oil stocks have been boring for a decade now time to make some real money
    And you don't think and the huge mining energy needs for (electric cars = power stations etc) and ongoing demand for the tens of thousands of applications that use crude oil Vs the huge under investment in exploration to back up the world's """34 billion barrels a year demand""!

there was only 2.4billion barrels of oil discovered in 2016 .... I don't think E.V are here to take over combustion engines but are going be forced to take the load as the forecasts for China + India is a HUge increase in auto's