sharetrader
Page 690 of 873 FirstFirst ... 190590640680686687688689690691692693694700740790 ... LastLast
Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 8725

Thread: Gold

Can someone tell me if there are any companies in nz other than NZ Mint that I can trade physical gold through?

You can try Regal Castings in Mt Eden Auckland. I have never traded with them but met with them 18 months ago on behalf of a bank and they know what they are talking about. I think they are a distributer for the Perth Mint. Good luck Daytr

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Horseshoe View Post
    Can someone tell me if there are any companies in nz other than NZ Mint that I can trade physical gold through?
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Thanks Daytr, I will check out their pricing tomorrow, regards BH.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I'd say the US stockmarket has a way to run yet. I've got a copy of the latest Barron's here, one of America's best stockpickers says it'll run until about 2019, gold will be left in the dust if he's right.
    So what ther're saying is that gold stocks have reached their bottom?
    Last edited by skid; 24-04-2014 at 11:57 AM.

The markets have been pretty subdued this week with both currencies & gold trading in a fairly narrow range. I suspect something has to give & today being Thursday typically a day of action, we may see a breakout tonight. With Tech stock giants Apple & Facebook reporting much better than expected results after the NASDAQ close, this may spark some selling interest in the likes of gold. The balancing act will be the short term gains in certain stocks such as these versus what is going on in the Ukraine, (which to be honest at this point anyway), is getting a little news weary, some poor economic stats coming out of France & the like & the demand side which imo wont be soft long as Indian & Chinese demand picks up again in the coming months. We are yet to break key support of $1275/85 area, although has been sitting right on it for a few days now. I still think the name that sold volume last week will come back for another crack & try & push gold through this key level. If & when it does I think a buy opportunity will be created. Happy trading. Cheers Daytr
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Oh dear, someone is pushing the market up again based on Ukraine fears. I think we're going to see a lot of offloading at this fake level as it was apparent around midday that nothing was going to keep PoG slicing through support levels. Fear definitely does not last forever and banking on it long term is a fools errand!
    Yes and just as Quick it pushed back to 1293 ? I see US home sales have taken a beating much like 07 of late ...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

A temporary reprieve I'm sure.

Comimg off record highs doesn't really count does it JB? One swallow doth not make a summer...
    Really ? Rates at all time record lows ...with added record stimulus >>>>

U.S. new home sales hint at prolonged housing weakness

(Reuters) - Sales of new U.S. single-family homes tumbled to their lowest level in eight months in March, dashing hopes for a quick turnaround for a sector that fell into a soft patch last summer.

The Commerce Department said on Wednesday sales dropped 14.5 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 384,000 units. It was the second consecutive monthly decline and the biggest since July, which was also the last time sales were so slow.

Sales were down 13.3 percent from a year ago, marking the largest year-on-year decline since April 2011.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A3M15Q20140423
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Advanced Member

Can't win everywhere eh?

"Even so, it is unlikely to derail the economy given that other sectors, such as manufacturing, are regaining momentum."

As soon as Ukraine is out of the way, hello $1178 revisited
    Good one Moosie. The Russian have had a scrap in that area for hundreds of years so no doubt it will be all wound up about next Wednesday.
    digger

Banned

A few rounds go off somewhere and goldbugs herd together and say gold should be off to the moon.

There's always some shooting somewhere, but once Putin gets the gist of what sanctions are going to do to his fragile economy he'll back down. There was a very good article yesterday in the Herald about economic warfare and how the USA has prepared for it for years with a special Treasury unit designed to win wars without firing a shot.

Like this:
    -------------------------

So do the Chinese, as became clear in 2005 when the US hit Banco Delta Asia (BDA) in Macao for serving as a conduit for North Korean commercial piracy. China pulled the plug. BDA collapsed within two weeks. China also tipped off Washington when Putin proposed a joint Sino-Russian attack on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac bonds in 2008, aiming to precipitate a dollar crash.
    and:

Nairu, Burma, North Cyprus, Belarus and Latvia were felled one by one, all forced to comply with US demands. North Korea was then paralysed. The biggest prize yet has been Iran, finally brought to the table. "A hidden war is under way, on a very far-reaching global scale. This is a kind of war through which the enemy assumes it can defeat the Iranian nation," said then-president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Iran's Majlis. He meant it defiantly. Instead it was prescient.
    ------------------------
    Last edited by Skol; 26-04-2014 at 08:06 AM.