sharetrader
Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    First NZF020 bid is for 5,000 at 100. Someones having a go!
    Doesn't seem worth the brokerage or am I missing something in the maths? That would be less than $400 worth, or am I out by a factor of 10 or something?

Disclaimer - Not at my calculator, so doing it in my head.

Edit: Forgot that Windows has one - it seems to agree, but I may be doing it wrong.

Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan3285 View Post
    Doesn't seem worth the brokerage or am I missing something in the maths? That would be less than $400 worth, or am I out by a factor of 10 or something?

Disclaimer - Not at my calculator, so doing it in my head.

Edit: Forgot that Windows has one - it seems to agree, but I may be doing it wrong.

Alan.
    Buying 5000 NZF020 notes at 100% will cost $359 plus brokerage.

It is strange that nobody wants to sell the notes. Whether you can place an order to sell is a question to be found out. Remember you can neither buy nor sell NZF010 a few weeks ago.

NZF020 at 100% is worth about 7.2cents per note, according to the NZX site.

Why does NZX persist with interest rate traded bonds - much easier to deal with price traded entities ....
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

First NZF020 bid is for 5,000 at 100. Someones having a go!
    Must have been dipping their toes and found it to cold. Bidder now gone

Guru

haha that was me trying to see if they would accept orders.. But may reenter in a day or 2, probably next week. But realistically the yield play and bidding in % terms is perfect for most bonds. But when the variance is too far from the coupon it does become rather silly.

SP has just dropped 33% to 0.03, is this the begining of the death spiral Enumerate?

Well I suppose the death spiral really started around the 0.20 mark which NZF clung onto for some time....

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two Gloves View Post
    SP has just dropped 33% to 0.03, is this the begining of the death spiral Enumerate?

Well I suppose the death spiral really started around the 0.20 mark which NZF clung onto for some time....
    Its below the $0.038 I thought it would come in at and well below the $0.057 if the $2m had been added back in. Still its only a $119 trade. The last of the big spenders are out in force!

Its below the $0.038 I thought it would come in at and well below the $0.057 if the $2m had been added back in. Still its only a $119 trade. The last of the big spenders are out in force!
    Might be a start fo the rush though

Market cap at 3 cents is $2.3 million .... big spenders don't count ..... heck ALF is worth over $20 million

Good comparison Winner, what shares would we all rather hold at say 0.012 ALF or NZF?

This time I won't go first because I don't know. I think the surprises are probably all just about out of the ALF book, not so sure about the NZF book. Would be interested in views....

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two Gloves View Post
    Good comparison Winner, what shares would we all rather hold at say 0.012 ALF or NZF?

This time I won't go first because I don't know. I think the surprises are probably all just about out of the ALF book, not so sure about the NZF book. Would be interested in views....
    Don't know about ALF - its hit an all time low of $0.012 today.

You need a third option. NZF, ALF or a smack in the face. I reckon the third is the gentlest.