sharetrader
Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

"Mr Huljich sold his interests in NZF down on 5 April from a personal holding of 4% to 0.92% and non-beneficial relevant interests from 11.06% to 7.16%"

This holding must have been sold off market, from memory, PH and friends outlayed about $13m for NZF shares, anyone got any comment on this!

see we are edging up again, last sale at 3c!

I am not sure Peter is selling any shares - the notices are an artefact of the conversion of $2m of notes thus altering the relative % holdings. Peter going from 4% to 0.92% is an artefact of his apparent transfer from a personal holding to Best Investments back in 2008.

Huljich interests must be cashed up from the recent sale to Carmen Fisher. NZF is trading at a significant discount to group NTA ... it would not surprise me in Huljich interests had some interest in broadening and deepening their relationship with NZF.
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

The SSH notices reflect the dilution caused by those Note holders taking shares. PH has not sold. I agree with Enumerate to the extent that PH is positioned to perhaps have a go, but I doubt it is a compelling case for him to pursue

still think its touch n go, and my money sits on the table at this stage

Yes, well PH could average down I guess, he has good cause to do that in my view!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    The SSH notices reflect the dilution caused by those Note holders taking shares. PH has not sold. I agree with Enumerate to the extent that PH is positioned to perhaps have a go, but I doubt it is a compelling case for him to pursue

still think its touch n go, and my money sits on the table at this stage

I think he probably has enough exposure to NZF for his comfort and his investment to date has been decimated by the current SP. I doubt he would have aspirations of owning his own finance company, looks to me like he has enough on his plate at present... At least he is now on the postive side with Diligent !

Advanced Member

Well, well! NZF today's best performer on the NZX! And I think that was the case also yesterday, from memory. The age of miracles is not dead!

Buying interest for NZF shares seems to have been aroused. Appears there are some who have grounds to believe that the promised 29 April announcement will be a rewarding one for NZF holders.

Maybe some confidence is returning now that the residential property market seems to be stabilising (or even recovering, if you are in Auckland!).
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

I hope that they are able to announce a new financial partner, today, as promised.

Further, I hope that this new partner is the new "Heartland" bank - BSH. I think that NZF could package up insured RMBS' and float these to the new bank - NZF has the efficient advisor network and the "back office" processes; BSH will give the aussie banks a run for their money in terms of attracting retail deposits.

If it is a substantial partner - I think the key problem to NZF prosperity would be solved. I think they have proven their risk policies and assessment processes are robust - the key problem is access to "wholesale" money to fund their lending opportunities.

Trading has been highly unusual - sellers appear on the market, rarely, and hold out for their price. I think we might see some volume if the shareprice heads over 6cents per share - this is where a number of NZF010 holders might "shake loose".

I would point out that 2.9cents per share is the NTA less intangibles (say, $3million). Following last years write down of the Pero intangibles - the current level is about $9million. Generally, I think this level of intangibles is justified - they have some very nice business units generating operating surplus not taking up much equity to fund. Hence, some level of intangible asset is justified. Net assets, including intangibles, is about $12million (or about 12cents per share).

I am expecting the final year accounts for March 2011 to justify a shareprice of about 12-15 cents. This will be justified on cashflow rather than profit.

I think that March 2012 will be forecast as a profit. I think the company in it's present configuration could recover to a $5-6m annual profit by about 2013. This would justify a shareprice of about 25-30cents.

There are huge opportunities for growth as one of the "last men standing" in the finance sector. It is an extreme pity that Huljich is no longer on the board - I think he has the energy and vision to engineer significant growth.

Enumerate, I think you are generally on the mark but do not underestimate the energy of the core team, there is plenty of that and Mark Thornton is very motivated to get the share price back up, from my observation, J Callaghan was a good thinker but he was a person that would only do things his way and that caused missed opportunities, he was not good at deferring to others who may have had a better knowledge and understanding. My anticipation is that future performance will be factored into the share price and it will be back up to 20c or more in no time! Interested now to see if TTG has changed his mind about matters!

Invessi, thanks for the observations on the capability of the management team. My intention was not to depreciate those currently in place - to be frank, I have no direct knowledge of them. I am impressed by what Huljich and team achieved at Diligent (I have followed this stock for some time) and at HWM. For the record, I hope that the Kiwisaver debacle can be resolved fairly - I, for one, do not believe that PH intended manipulation but was motivated by the desire to correct a fault in a non-kiwisaver fund. This speaks, to me, of integrity. I think he is a big loss to NZF.

Those people I have had some distant background information about, at NZF, have impressed me.

All power to Mark Thornton and team! I am prepared to be impressed by them, as well. I would say that given the state of the market and recent competitor collapse; Thornton and team have the opportunity of the century to demonstrate a remarkable turnaround in the fortunes of NZF.

Apart from organic growth following the recovery in the property sector - the elephant in the room is that status of the SCF loan books!!