sharetrader
Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Not sure what you mean invessi....

Unless NZF buys them back on the secondary market and cancels them, they remain an obligation for 18m - pesky indeed.....
    Last edited by Xerof; 23-02-2012 at 02:08 PM.

The notes remain a debt obligation but the company can always convert them to shares - they actually have no obligation, normally, to repay the $1.

We have had a miserable train of bad news since the issuance of the new notes. (NZF Money receivership, harsh terms for the sale of the RMBS operations, Liberty litigation).

Even Equitable is reporting a significant shortfall. I would have expected that business to be wound up at near break even.

About the only viable financial service businesses involve Kiwisaver or buying distressed debt, these days.
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

It looks that 80% of NZF Group's share in Mike pero Mortgage was sold to Resimac last Dcember.
    http://www.buyaproperty.net/liberty-...-mortgages-jv/

Has anyone investigated the current status of Mike Pero? How profitable it is now? and Is it producing enough profit for NZF to pay interest to NZF020 bond holders?

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    It looks that 80% of NZF Group's share in Mike pero Mortgage was sold to Resimac last Dcember.
    No, NZF sold 80% of it's own homeloans division to Resimac. They maintain their 50% holding in Mike Pero (and proportionate holding in Real Estate).

Liberty and Resimac are competitors. Liberty has setup in competition to NZF/Resimac - this puts Mike Pero in a difficult position as the two principle shareholders are supplying competitive mortgage products.

It is such an Australian business practice to use the courts as a blunt instrument in commercial negotiation.
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Spoke with an old mate who owns a Mike Pero franchise. He reckons that NZF are stuffed and that Liberty are likely to gobble up Mike Pero at some point. The Australian-Chinese guy at Liberty has a habit of getting what he wants.

http://www.mortgagerates.co.nz/artic...tgages-jv.html
    Then your mate is ill informed!

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    http://www.buyaproperty.net/liberty-...-mortgages-jv/

Has anyone investigated the current status of Mike Pero? How profitable it is now? and Is it producing enough profit for NZF to pay interest to NZF020 bond holders?
    They have paid this quarter's interest on the NZF020. We live another day.

NZF Money's investors likely to receive 25c to 42c in the dollar

http://www.goodreturns.co.nz/article...he-dollar.html

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    I guess we'll see soon enough.
    NZF shares have been placed into trading halt. Does this confirm your view on NZF?

Ah well, another finance company chapter closing - not too many to go now before the entire industry is gone for good......

While this could be the "final piece of bad news" - and we have had a long run of this; maybe we will be treated to news of another type that could support the view that not all is lost. I admit it is much easier to speculate on the negative.