sharetrader
Page 6 of 303 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Have been a shareholder for about six months and it's fair to say I wouldn't be invested with them if they didn't have quality directors and professional investors involved in the company. When you look at what the company sells you can't get too excited about their prospects but having great directors and smart professional investors on board suggests that it's not a bad company to invest in. Time will tell.

I'm disappointed they did not offer existing shareholders the right to purchase more shares at 90c. It means dilution for existing shareholders.
    Last edited by Everwood; 14-04-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Guru

I am not a shareholder but I think they way Xero did the recent capital raising was the fairest for small investors.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

I'm not a shareholder - but has Ecoya considered the potential dildo market?

Quote Originally Posted by Everwood View Post
    I'm disappointed they did not offer existing shareholders the right to purchase more shares at 90c. It means dilution for existing shareholders.
    This is not the first time thay have did this:

"Robinnz wrote this on the 12/11/11: Share dilution bugs me off.
    Yesterday's announcement of a $1.15m share issue to "key investors" is an insult to small investors.
    Last month we were told ECOYA was now at break-even point, so having carried them since float we should have been offered a rights issue.

This privileged "key" group, including "independent" director Rob Fyfe, were given a 10 % discount on the current share price plus Warrants (last traded at 10.5c).

The directors may have been a success in the past but it does not give them the right to do as they please with our company, like myself I may only hold a few thousand shares (6k), regardless the number of share I hold, I am a share holder and should have been give the same options to purchase shares at discount or at least have a say in the matter.
    I intend to express my disapproval via their website.

Just a quick blog post on ECO at http://gregnz.wordpress.com/2012/10/...-i-sold-ecoya/

following AGM.

Quote Originally Posted by gregrday View Post
    Just a quick blog post on ECO at http://gregnz.wordpress.com/2012/10/...-i-sold-ecoya/

following AGM.
    I agree with your blog post when you said "acquisitions which is something that makes me nervous." I'm expecting them to purchase cosmetic manufacture. Phoenix Cosmetics would be a good fit, but it might be quite costly to purchase it, if Phoenix Renata decides to sell. It will also give Ecoya another outlet to sell their products and it would be perfect place to sell Trilogy skincare range. They already have 9 stores in NZ and another store in Australia.

Yeah, acquisitions to me indicate theres not enough growth in the core brands. Theres always confusing accounting and things associated with them as well, which just gives me shivers. Talking with Sarah from Trilogy just illustrated how competitive that market is (500 brands of skincare for NZ alone), and the fact that the chief instigators were not in there boots and all was enough to call quits.

Now I just need to look at Xero again!

Taylor reports that ECO is overlooked for MOA initial public offering. Fundementals remain strong for this, despite SP reducing...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Fred114 View Post
    Taylor reports that ECO is overlooked for MOA initial public offering. Fundementals remain strong for this, despite SP reducing...
    Both Taylor and Brian Gaynor bought in at about the $1mark I seem to remember and it then shot up to $1.40 for no particular reason. It is now down to around $1 for no particular reason. From that I take it that it is at around the right price until the next update or news comes out.

I think Ross resigned as CEO during that period but it is still run at the top by the Business Bakery boys. He said he had to resign as perception was you cant be CEO of both. My guess is the BBb all have their particular skills and will utilise them as needed regardless of title.

So who is buy a candle for a christmas present?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk