Quote Originally Posted by 1leon View Post
Sorry temporary (I hope) amnesia on that dividend.Perhaps Cushings needed the odd $m cash to see them through Xmas.
If the buy backs are at a less agressive discount I might even catch a scintilla of your enthusiasm. We might have to agree to differ on the fairness of that so I'll leave the forum to you.
Please don't do that.
You must realise I have only recently brought my shares,after humming and harring over them for last 18months to two years.I found it a lot different a company from the likes of Ebos,skellerup etc I am more used to.Statement of cash flow and balance sheet I struggled with.A friend advised me to look at them,as he was impressed with David Cushing ,whom he had met.David lives in ChCh, having married Cookie Time's owner Michael Mayell's sister.Rodger Finlay [also an ex investment banker] also impressed him.My friend told me they were getting rid of some poor farms and increasing investment in good farms.He said they owned the best farms in NZ.
Last year my core stocks RYM,EBO,POT went ,up 60%. I took a little off the top and brought a few REL so I would have a wider spread of shares.
I can see where you are coming from,and I think we will be able to judge direction of the company more correctly over the next year or two.