sharetrader
Page 88 of 101 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast

On the back of the coal embargo imposed on Nth Korea,

"The price of coking coal jumped on Friday 14Jul17 with the industry benchmark price tracked by the Steel Index up 2.8% to US$167.60 a tonne. Premium hard coking coal prices (FOB Australia) are now at the highest level since mid-May."
    Last edited by RTFQ; 17-07-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Graphs showing average times for OIO decisions. - working days.
    Can't be far away now.

http://www.linz.govt.nz/sites/defaul...ram_201706.jpg

Checked the port schedule today and there is two ships arriving 24th july and 1st of August, and leaving about 3 days later.

Guru

Do we know this is defiantly all coal from BT Mining?

On another note, surely OIO isn't far off coming out with a decision now?
    (no more than 10 trading/work days... and I would like to think OIO don't need to 'delay' their decision!)

What we all need is for Roger to get on board with this stock, everything that man backs seems to turn to gold #getonboardrog.

In all seriousness though, I hope this stock performs well. It is now my biggest holding. I think a long time ago BRL indicated that at startup their costs for coking coal were likely $120USD/ton, reducing to $90USD/ton over time once startup costs were amortised I guess. If that remains the case, it would seem there is plenty of upside. Somewhere else I read they had targeted turning over 1million ton p/a. That potentially is some serious profit potential for a company with a market cap of $100 million (i.e. if they produced 1million ton p.a. at a margin of $50USD/ton..........)

All from memory though, usual disclaimer...... I know very little don't listen to me! (do listen to Rog though it seems).

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Do we know this is defiantly all coal from BT Mining?

On another note, surely OIO isn't far off coming out with a decision now?
    (no more than 10 trading/work days... and I would like to think OIO don't need to 'delay' their decision!)
    Are there any other mines still producing met coal? Thermal coal is not worth exporting.

Yesterday's spot price;
    "A premium category Australian-origin coal was heard offered over $170 per tonne cfr China basis, with a cargo from North America also heard offered around similar levels. "Six coal berths in Australia were heard to be down as on July 19 either due to maintenance or due to lack of coal," a market participant said, highlighting that prices around $170 per tonne fob Australia ".

Interesting days ahead, Quarterly report out on the 28th July and two ships of coal out about the24th July and the 3rd of August, with the oio decision out any day. Will this be a share that we will be saying, if only we got in when it was ten cents.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    Interesting days ahead, Quarterly report out on the 28th July and two ships of coal out about the24th July and the 3rd of August, with the oio decision out any day. Will this be a share that we will be saying, if only we got in when it was ten cents.
    Remember 28th July is for the 3 month period to June 30, so no SE impact on the finacials (not that I think they break out exact cash flows these days).

The commentary will be the most important and interesting part of the report.

I wouldn't be surprised if OIO waited until July 31st - although each day getting close to BRL's stated target to hear back from them by end of July.

Great to see OIO approval given.
    Interesting to see a post on another Chanel saying the decision had been delayed until 31st Aug.
    Trolls everywhere it seems- someone called Tevorcam
    I really fail to grasp why people do this.
    Last edited by biker; 27-07-2017 at 12:34 PM.