sharetrader
Page 636 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 13653658662663263363463563663763863964064668673611361636 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,360 of 17360
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Agreement to disagree

I am a believer that a log price axis is the only true price axis to have on a chart and thus in my book HNZ really busted it's uptrend a while ago and I should not be holding the vast holding that I do indeed hold.

But looking at this google finance chart with added green line:
    HNZ-Linear20150914.png

well I wonder if you all are linearists and are happily keeping that (false) trend intact for a while longer.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: HNZ still #1 in the Tiger Pawfolio.
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Ex dividend and already going up again, wouldn't be surprising to see this back at $1.16 by the end of the week (I mean it should really be well above this already...)

As I am a new investor to heartland, how does the price for the DRP get determined? (at such low prices, I have elected for the DRP over cash dividend)

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Ex dividend and already going up again, wouldn't be surprising to see this back at $1.16 by the end of the week (I mean it should really be well above this already...)

As I am a new investor to heartland, how does the price for the DRP get determined? (at such low prices, I have elected for the DRP over cash dividend)
    Below is the extract from company's results announcement statement issued recently.
    Hope this helps.

"The Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRP) will be available and a discount of 1% will apply (that is, the strike price under the DRP will be 99% of the volume weighted average sale price of Heartland shares over the 5 trading days following the Record Date)."

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I am a believer that a log price axis is the only true price axis to have on a chart and thus in my book HNZ really busted it's uptrend a while ago and I should not be holding the vast holding that I do indeed hold.

HNZ-Linear20150914.png

well I wonder if you all are linearists and are happily keeping that (false) trend intact for a while longer.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Nice clean chart PT

So Heartland $3.30 odd in 4 years ....yippee
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

HNZ-Linear20150914.png

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

No arguments from me with your HNZ chart post...Log scale would be better than your linear chart example shown above because the price has moved rapidly and constantly (~x3) over the 3 year period...but remember PT there are reasons why some charts are drawn in a linear scale and there are other reasons why some charts are drawn on a log scale....that is why there are 2 formats for us chartists to use... logarithmic and linear.....We are given a choice depending on what we want to do with the chart...try drawing BB and S+R lines and show a the Linear distinct H&S pattern on a 6 year log chart for DIL ..The H&S pattern is not noticeable using the log scale

All my HNZ charts are linear because I haven't drawn in a long term trend line and being a chart pattern chartist linear charts suits me better ......Long term Trend lines are only one indicator and as indicators go they are over-rated and often they break and have to be adjusted..as the saying goes .."one should never rely on a single indicator"..Also primary trendlines are usually late to signal as was the case for HNZ.

Refering to my 17th June 2015 post#5267 HNZ chart many TA indicators fired sell signals back in February at $1.35,,because of the rapid rise the EMA's were late to fire..The failure of the next rally to break $1.37 resistance forming a lower high in March was a confirmation sell signal and a later lower low of $1.27 saw a forming of a descending channel...

2 months later in May the continuing descending channel saw the breaking of the EMA's... firing more sell signals

The log primary trend line broke on 23rd June at $1.20...4 months into the downtrend..This is the example why I'm not a great fan of primary trendlines being used as sell signals ditto for EMA200...so often its around this area that a correction ends and you've waited and watched the descent then sold only to see the share price reverse back up into a new uptrend.

Some TA investors would have exited in February and the rest would've waved the white flag after the failed rally in May Red dotted line on my chart..

Now for the better news.....some TA indicators have fired off buy signals last week for the first time this year..early days yet but there's faint signs of promise emerging..
    Last edited by Hoop; 16-09-2015 at 10:20 PM.

percy

Hoop.
    As always thank you for your comments.
    Is there a correlation between these TA indicators firing up buy signals,and the return of Paper Tiger to HNZ thread.?

100 day MA is currently $1.21.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    100 day MA is currently $1.21.
    Roger try using EMA100 if you can...the reasoning for using the exponential method is the lagging indicator becomes little more sensitive as it's focuses (weighted) more on recent price within its 100 period data series...The ema100 is at $1.187

percy

We must also remember the longer the time frame,the more reliable the indicator is.
    The 500 day EMA for HNZ is $1.087,which confirms the long term uptrend remains intact.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    We must also remember the longer the time frame,the more reliable the indicator is.
    The 500 day EMA for HNZ is $1.087,which confirms the long term uptrend remains intact.
    LOL If it all goes wrong you could try using a 1000 day moving average. 200 days is the "recognised" long term indicator isn't it Hoop ?