sharetrader
Page 525 of 1741 FirstFirst ... 2542547551552152252352452552652752852953557562510251525 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,250 of 17404

Some of you may be interested to know that the subject of reverse mortgages appears to be popping up ever more frequently in the Australian media. Hopefully there will be some informed debate on reverse mortgages in the future.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/banki...0150614-ghmivb

I think the best investment is a major airport atm. I have just paid $12.00 to park at Christchurch airport for half an hour. Plus it was a six mile walk to the domestic terminal. Anyway, the cash is going to a good cause, so I should not beef.
    Which brings me to cows. It looks bad. Of course banks will whistle in the wind, but the economics of the situation must affect them. Heartland looks as if it spread over several lending areas, so should not be so affected. At the moment we should be glad to have a reasonable company to invest in.

Mouse, thats the 'short stay' park, for rodents and people who fly out of town for the day. Can I suggest you park your cheesemobile in the 'express' building, within a minute from the terminal, at $4.00 for up to 40 minutes, free if under 15 minutes. Is this the HNZ thread? Sorry perc

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Mouse, thats the 'short stay' park, for rodents and people who fly out of town for the day. Can I suggest you park your cheesemobile in the 'express' building, within a minute from the terminal, at $4.00 for up to 40 minutes, free if under 15 minutes. Is this the HNZ thread? Sorry perc
    Now look here Xerof you will get both of us "yellow carded".
    Just between us, I have all day free parking.!!
    I hit Robin Mann place about 5.30 am ,and enjoy a brisk 10 minute walk to the terminal.Then on my return I enjoy another brisk walk, happy in the knowledge I have saved enough parking money to buy another 25 HNZ shares.!!! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Many thanks for the advice. I managed to time the arrival of my wife for 15 mins after her landing at Christchurch. Waited a minute or so and she arrived. Still pretty annoyed about the $12.00.
    Last edited by mouse; 15-06-2015 at 09:40 PM.

I was a bit sceptical about Xerof's gap - couldn't happen to HNZ I thought

At first I didn't even believe there is a GAP but there is one (not even photoshopped like some models do)

And hack .... that gap is filling ever so slowly

When filled the price might be below that 200EMA - time for Percy to sell then?

Looking at the chart the rot for the SP started when they released their half year report with part of it in Maori, completely unnecessary and to the best of my knowledge a first for a listed company in N.Z.
    Sent a signal that these guys are thinking well and truly a very long way outside the box, (completely unconventional thinking for a white male dominated board ?). Quite obviously Mr market is most unimpressed with this and some of their unconventional new lending.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-06-2015 at 06:43 PM.

percy

Since 18th June 2013 the share price of Heartland has stayed above the 200 day EMA.
    On 20th May last year was the only time the share price at 86 cents hit the 200 day EMA.
    Unlike Roger I am still most impressed with HNZ.A company that delivers on what they say they will do.
    I have two large holdings;EBO,and HNZ.Both are excellent companies and I can't see any reason why I would ever sell either.Taken too much hard a work to get to the holdings I want in them.
    Last edited by percy; 16-06-2015 at 06:18 PM.

Looks like we're about 3 cents away from a breech of the 180 day MA...one more reduction in the dairy auction price.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-06-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Xerof's gap......sounds like a John Wayne movie, winner......

118 looks about where the 200 ema lies. Should be support, not the cliff the lemmings jump off into Xerof's gap (but good management should have a stop a few cents on the other side of the canyon)

"lifes tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid" Marion Morrison