sharetrader
Page 621 of 1746 FirstFirst ... 12152157161161761861962062162262362462563167172111211621 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,210 of 17458
    percy

I think this has been a rather unusual year.
    Both FA and TA have been right,wrong,and right again.Or should that be wrong,right,and wrong again?? !! lol.
    Director buying on FA,as he knew weakness in Australian banks,concerns of HNZ's dairy exposure etc were unfounded,as far as HNZ was concerned.
    Chartist trading on sentiment were also right.
    At present time the chart still does not look flash,while the fundamentals look great.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    At present time the chart still does not look flash,while the fundamentals look great.
    I have more of a buy and prey approach but doesn't your statement mean you should be watching the chart closely for the time to buy? If the fundamentals are bad, there is no point even looking at the charts?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    I have more of a buy and prey approach but doesn't your statement mean you should be watching the chart closely for the time to buy? If the fundamentals are bad, there is no point even looking at the charts?
    I ignored the charts when HNZ's share price went below the 200 day EMA.Was about $1.20 at the time.A very difficult decision.
    Yet I do base most of my buying decisions on a company's share price moving ahead of the 200 day EMA.
    Again, yesterday I broke my rule, when I brought SKL at $1.27 when the 200 day was $1.37...
    Living dangerously or trusting my own judgement?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    ...Living dangerously or trusting my own judgement?
    Percy..if you see yourself as normally a disciplined investor, but now starting to bust your own rules, then you may be experiencing a behavioural condition called Investor Complacency (IC). It can occur to investors using all sorts of Investment Strategies...but it's more common with investors using a Passive Strategy with long periods of portfolio inaction such as Long term Investment Strategies applying the buy & hold method.
    Investor complacency is mostly prevalent during the period between the later stages of the bull market cycle and the first/second stages of the bear market cycle
    Last edited by Hoop; 21-08-2015 at 12:02 PM.

Guru

Some huge buy orders in now... like everyone is trying to jump in, but the "cheap sell orders" are running out

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Some huge buy orders in now... like everyone is trying to jump in, but the "cheap sell orders" are running out
    Told you would take a few days for some to really digest the stunning result

They have and now acting .... with conviction

Do you watch breadth all day long?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Percy..if you see yourself as normally a disciplined investor, but now starting to bust your own rules, then you may be experiencing a behavioural condition called Investor Complacency (IC). It can occur to investors using all sorts of Investment Strategies...but it's more common with investors using a Passive Strategy with long periods of portfolio inaction such as Long term Investment Strategies applying the buy & hold method.
    Investor complacency is mostly prevalent during the period between the later stages of the bull market cycle and the first/second stages of the bear market cycle

Ruthless is the word that best describes my actions this reporting season.
    Below my expectations,SOLD.
    Above my expectations,BROUGHT.

Percy sees an intact uptrend (just intact) ---- I see a downtrend

Goodness knows where share price will go next week .... as Xerof says on another thread NZ shares have just become relatively a lot more expensive. Fundamentals don't count for much if this is a 'correction', its all about sentiment

A good week for Heartland share price last week after many weeks of going down.

But then I may not be a share holder by Tuesday if I have to close this trade out --- and wait for the sub $1 days before having another go
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Doesn't help to know who really, it's the collective "them"

but Hoop's chart this morning was a nice perspective of where it's at - retesting the breakdown line out of the channel.

check if the elephant looks pissed off......
    I think the elephant might be pissed off...........

Is it going sub one dollar?
    Is that the consensus?