sharetrader
Page 944 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 44484489493494094194294394494594694794895499410441444 ... LastLast
Results 9,431 to 9,440 of 17397
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    I feel a "sharetrader " roadtrip coming up ....
    From one gas station to the next.650 ponies!!?????????????

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=percy;668568]From one gas station to the next.650 ponies!!?????????????[/QUOTE

I know what its like to feed 390 , must be plenty of Z shares in the portfolio to hedge that one up Couta !!!

Banned

[QUOTE=stoploss;668569]
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    From one gas station to the next.650 ponies!!?????????????[/QUOTE

I know what its like to feed 390 , must be plenty of Z shares in the portfolio to hedge that one up Couta !!!
    Nah, BP 98 Octane all the way, she averages 4.5k/ litre on a long trip at a reasonable speed.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down Not one of my better career moves

I would not get home from Archibalds without lossing my licence.! 550 horsepower I would be wheel spinning in ever gear.
    I also decided against the Bugatti Chiron,because the 19,000 Euro for a set of tyres seemed a bit much.
    So what to do? The Nissan only has 115,000 Klms on the clock and still goes well.On trade me I see a 2016 Nissan Pulsar ST 1.8L petrol with only 6,400 Klms on the clock for $19,990,which appeals to me, as the whole car is cheaper than a new set of Bugatti Chiron tyres.!!I guess the insurance and running costs would be a little cheaper too.!
    In fact I could buy myself a Nissan,and one each for the two daughters, and still have change left over, passing up the great opportunity of being a Jag driver.I don't think a baseball sun hatted Percy would ever be accepted into The Jaguar Drivers Club.!lol
    29 years ago when I developed electronic systems for cars, if you had asked me what my job was I would have answered

"Driving a Jaguar with the windows down, the cruise control engaged and playing Steve Hackett's Spectral Mornings on the Stereo".

The highlight was being detained by the police on suspicion of having stolen the car.

Good to see the froth coming off the HBL share price.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

percy

What is it about HBL that attracts all us old boy racers/hoons?
    I always think how lucky I was my great hoon car was a 1953 Morris Minor about 30 to 40 horse power?.Nearly put it on its roof one time.!Doubt it would have done 100 kmh.
    I imagen if I was a hoon today with a Toyota Supra or Nissan GTR I would have been dead before I was 20.
    ps PT The police would not have gone near you, had you been playing Barry Manilow.!!..lol.
    Last edited by percy; 01-06-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Wondering if someone would be so kind as to do me a small favor. Do you know if Heartland does reverse equity mortgages on retirement village units, (i.e. license to occupy units) ? Who would be the best person at Heartland to contact and discuss this option, please feel free to PM me or post here, whichever you feel more inclined to do.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

I would doubt it.
    Heartland Bank,456 Lake Road, Takapuna,ph.489 5264 would be your nearest branch.
    Or otherwise ring deputy CEO,Chris Flood, who will direct you to the right person. ph.927 9139..m 027 226 6508.

I would doubt it.
    Heartland Bank,456 Lake Road, Takapuna,ph.489 5264 would be your nearest branch.
    Or otherwise ring deputy CEO,Chris Flood, who will direct you to the right person. ph.927 9139..m 027 226 6508.
    Thanks Percy.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I would doubt it.
    You were right to doubt it Percy. I've looked into this and discussed with them. Turns out HBL do not fund reverse equity loans on retirement village units.
    I think they're missing a real opportunity here but that's their decision.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You were right to doubt it Percy. I've looked into this and discussed with them. Turns out HBL do not fund reverse equity loans on retirement village units.
    I think they're missing a real opportunity here but that's their decision.
    A number of years ago my mother was living in Maroochydore.Her partner left her his house to live in,and it could be sold to buy her a unit in a retirement village...All ok,but legally she could not use that money to buy "a right to occupy",which meant she could not buy a retirement unit..She had to use her funds,together with an advance from my brother.
    I would also doubt Heartland Bank would lend you money to buy HBL shares, with only the HBL shares as security.
    You may have to try Geneva..!!!!...lol.
    Last edited by percy; 14-06-2017 at 02:39 PM.