sharetrader
Page 960 of 1742 FirstFirst ... 460860910950956957958959960961962963964970101010601460 ... LastLast
Results 9,591 to 9,600 of 17420

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I used to be happily with the the National Bank of NZ, when it was riding the Lloyds horse, before it was subsumed by ANZ. The designs and colour schemes of Heartland seem familiar and comforting!
    Yes all good - apart from HBL's bloody abominable new web site.

ANZ adopted much of the National Bank's technology platform and they have a great web site that's so easy to navigate. Pity HBL didn't study their site before heading down the tunnels and mazes they've created in their current nightmare. I've commented on this before but even their staff find it horrendous. One staffer told me it took him months to get his head around it - and he uses it every day. I have to use it occasionally for business purposes - and I dread going near it every time.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    https://nzx.com/companies/HBL/announcements/304880

No upgrade? (again)
    Hmm must be good, but too good
    I am happy not to have an upgrade.. Just keep the price low for the DRP..

Bottom drawer ???.. Not for me.. Top shelf... :-)))))

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Yes all good - apart from HBL's bloody abominable new web site. ..
    I agree. The old site was not the best but easier to navigate than the latest incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Yes all good - apart from HBL's bloody abominable new web site.

ANZ adopted much of the National Bank's technology platform and they have a great web site that's so easy to navigate. Pity HBL didn't study their site before heading down the tunnels and mazes they've created in their current nightmare. I've commented on this before but even their staff find it horrendous. One staffer told me it took him months to get his head around it - and he uses it every day. I have to use it occasionally for business purposes - and I dread going near it every time.
    Heartland leaders in the digital space I'm told

Agree with every word pierre - really bad. Maybe designed for Beagles (now he switched over)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The further away from the last painful experience that we get, the more emboldened and self assured we become, until one day when we least expect it we experience and have to re-learn the lessons that we thought we had learnt a long time ago.

Two-bit finance companies dressed up in banking drag will be not only the first to be slaughtered, they will also be the deepest cut.

Heartland is a great share right now, sort of like the pied piper with many happy followers. It is however also best owned by those who have the skills to move very very quickly when circumstances change, which they inevitably will regardless of the underlying FA.
    If I summarize your post correctly Baa-Baa, you are saying that if you own Heartland you should be very nervous and as soon as the tide looks like turning, race for the exit. Or maybe you should not own Heartland at all? This seems to me a very uncomfortable way to go about share investing: A recipe for remaining glued to a screen all day, to catch the earliest whiff of sentiment change.

While I agree that finance companies are are at heightened risk from an economic downturn, I would suggest an alternative risk minimization strategy.

1/ Make sure finance companies like Heartland are only a small part of your portfolio, say 10% at most.
    2/ Check the 'stressed scenario' health of Heartland via some representative banking covenants on an at least annual basis.
    3/ Use as a measuring stick, the relevant financial statistics of finance companies of equivalent size and risk profile to get an idea of 'comparative company health'.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 02-08-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Heartland leaders in the digital space I'm told

Agree with every word pierre - really bad. Maybe designed for Beagles (now he switched over)
    Took me 10 minutes to get used too, just stuck my snout in there and sniffed around for a while and followed my nose, bit unusual I would agree but I'm not sure what all the fuss is about ?

Harmoney seems to be gaining traction. https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/harmon...+2+August+2017
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-08-2017 at 11:29 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Unemployment rate falls to 8 year low ....... Heartland share price at 8 year high (guessing it is)

Prob means people feel quite secure in their jobs - borrow more ....or keep paying back what they owe Heartland

Awesome news - even more awesome when share price gets to 2 bucks
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

One on here claims people very seldom post in real time what they're doing so I am topping up with some more today...just sayin, (in real time).
    Actually not quite real time, posted before the market opened but after placing my order.
    I know Percy and Winner are with me in spirit but have already backed the truck up and are overloaded with these awesome shares.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-08-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Closed the week at a fresh all time high of $1.85 ! Shareholders are well positioned.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    One on here claims people very seldom post in real time what they're doing so I am topping up with some more today...just sayin, (in real time).
    Actually not quite real time, posted before the market opened but after placing my order.
    I know Percy and Winner are with me in spirit but have already backed the truck up and are overloaded with these awesome shares.
    Real time.Sometimes posting in real time is not in your own best interests.Yesterday I sold down EBO in a thin market.The trust I help out on had a big holding.I emailed another trustee in Australia, sugesting the trust sold down. This was agreed, and the trust's broker was instructed accordingly.Once the trust shares were sold, I then posted my actions on EBO thread.
    So real time has to be often delayed time.
    So back to HBL.Well done team Beagle.$1.85 has meant you have raised the barrier.!!.
    Can't ask for more from you.
    Now that pie in the sky $2 .00 only requires HBL's sp to rise another 8.1%.Incredible.Who would have thought ???
    And you are right,I am rather too "well positioned",nice position to be in...lol.