sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I'm sure the power discount/rebate idea from Labour will help a lot of people who are on low fixed incomes.
    The landlords will end up getting it anyway. This is not the way to help the population.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I'm sure the power discount/rebate idea from Labour will help a lot of people who are on low fixed incomes. Heaps of people in medium-waged households are not so keen on the idea, as they'll miss out a bit. It's not my favourite Labour policy.
    Neither it should be. It's completely dopey. Desperado stuff. If they want to sort out the nonsense they should scrap working for families - currently the majority effectively pay no tax. Make the first 25k of income tax free for all, then two steps to maintain revenue with a top rate of 33%. Tax has become too complex.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Neither it should be. It's completely dopey. Desperado stuff. If they want to sort out the nonsense they should scrap working for families - currently the majority effectively pay no tax. Make the first 25k of income tax free for all, then two steps to maintain revenue with a top rate of 33%. Tax has become too complex.
    Agreed - Labour proposes to make an anyway complicated tax system still more complicated. More money for bureaucrats to sort it all out leaves less money for all of us.

As well - if they think they must splash other people's money around to buy some votes .. why not putting the money into better home insulation and heating instead of giving beneficiaries $750 per year to buy more fags and booze?

Another Labour policy announced without analysis or thought. How desperate must they be.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Agree.. that is what I meant with my earlier comment about the landlords getting it. WFF is useless, it does not help those that are childless (who actually are helping the environment but that is another story) and WFF is also based on income etc and yes it is becoming too complex. I like the idea of no tax on the first 25k of income, that would eliminate tax from benefits as well (never understood that part) and simplify the tax code. Those paying tax on lower incomes get it all back currently in the WFF etc so its all a merry go round waste of time and resources.

And now, how would hiring an Aussie Ad Agency (Moss Group as per NBR today) to run Andrew Little's big election campaign win votes? A very BIG NO to his sort of policy of not hiring foreign workers. I'm not convinced eZ, I'm not

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    And now, how would hiring an Aussie Ad Agency (Moss Group as per NBR today) to run Andrew Little's big election campaign win votes? A very BIG NO to his sort of policy of not hiring foreign workers. I'm not convinced eZ, I'm not
    We already know that eZ won't approve at all. We've had years of raving about National's advt. agency from Aussie. This may be enough to trigger eZ's resignation from the party I'd say.

We already know that eZ won't approve at all. We've had years of raving about National's advt. agency from Aussie. This may be enough to trigger eZ's resignation from the party I'd say.
    don't hold your breath ... he might have some vision problems on his left eye ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Some are asking at what point do the broadcasters decide to invite Winston instead of Little to the one on one debate with English
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Some are asking at what point do the broadcasters decide to invite Winston instead of Little to the one on one debate with English
    Winston is away on a magic carpet ride. Might not get back in time.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Andrew Kirton has given plenty of good reasons for Labour using Moss Group today, see this radio interview.

https://player.fm/series/nbr-radio-n...h-grant-walker

They've set up an office in Wellington for it, and the vast majority of campaign purchases are made with NZ businesses. Labour probably needs the skilled advice from a left-leaning marketing outfit, and the Labour rank and file don't want to see another three years of National.

Andrew Little is getting heaps of stick about his polling as PM, but what did Paula Bennett get? It must be very low. There will also be a lot of undecided voters at this stage. If they're undecided, they are probably not that happy with the status quo. Labour just has to get them to care about that situation.