sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Andrew Kirton has given plenty of good reasons for Labour using Moss Group today, see this radio interview.

https://player.fm/series/nbr-radio-n...h-grant-walker

They've set up an office in Wellington for it, and the vast majority of campaign purchases are made with NZ businesses. Labour probably needs the skilled advice from a left-leaning marketing outfit, and the Labour rank and file don't want to see another three years of National.

Andrew Little is getting heaps of stick about his polling as PM, but what did Paula Bennett get? It must be very low. There will also be a lot of undecided voters at this stage. If they're undecided, they are probably not that happy with the status quo. Labour just has to get them to care about that situation.
    You may not know it but PaulaBennet isn't standing as leader. Adern gets a few ticks because no one sees Little as Labour's leader. There are only two possibilities for P M. English or Peter's as leader of a weird coalition.

Advanced Member

And now, the two Hopefuls, Greens and NZ first are declaring their unwillingness to enter a government that has the other one in it. Still, that's all pie-in the-sky stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    And now, the two Hopefuls, Greens and NZ first are declaring their unwillingness to enter a government that has the other one in it. Still, that's all pie-in the-sky stuff.
    No worries - at least we know that any theoretical coalition partner of Labour would be racist. The Greenies said that NZ First is racist (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11888053) - and hey, this is a point where I would agree with them and then NZ First said that the Greenies are racist (same link - and sadly I must admit that Winston First might have a point as well).

Given EZ's implication that Labour only recruits honest and hard working people standing on the moral high ground (EZ, please correct me, if I misunderstood ), there is no way that these moral high flyers would work together with racists of any colour. Right, EZ?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 13-07-2017 at 09:14 AM. Reason: fixing finger trouble ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Winston first will go into any coalition at all as long as Winston can be P.M. Coalition with Labour /Greens is right on the cards as neither party has a leader capable of the Prime Minster portfolio - and they both know it. (and so does Winston)

Advanced Member

The few posts from el Z - seen against his usual machine-gun defence of Labour - lead me to conclude that he is working his ass off somewhere in the background - trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. And he's not getting much help from the party, or Uncle Winston.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    No worries - at least we know that any theoretical coalition partner of Labour would be racist. The Greenies said that NZ First is racist (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11888053) - and hey, this is a point where I would agree with them and then NZ First said that the Greenies are racist (same link - and sadly I must admit that Winston First might have a point as well). ..
    Interesting item on WP and race:
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11889155

The Green Party and race...I guess it is debatable whether ensuring indigenous rights is racist or not.

The emotionally charged labelling of an opponent as "racist" can often be a convenient way to try to win an argument or shut down debate on contentious topics. It often works!
    Last edited by Bjauck; 14-07-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Advanced Member

I can't stand Irishmen. They are all a bunch of lazy, drunken gamblers. Still, its probably better than shooting each other like they do in some places.

Legend

I can't stand Irishmen. They are all a bunch of lazy, drunken gamblers. Still, its probably better than shooting each other like they do in some places.
    They can't be that bad then.

Leaks - internal polling shock for Labour

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politi...ng-leaked.html
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

The few posts from el Z - seen against his usual machine-gun defence of Labour - lead me to conclude that he is working his ass off somewhere in the background - trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. And he's not getting much help from the party, or Uncle Winston.
    I've been helping with signs in the electorate after hours. Going fine so far, plenty of helpers and lots of good feedback.