sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    They put me off too. So does the on-screen caption of them.
    You are not deaf then. Just ?

westerly

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Ref John Keys being conferred with the Order of Australia
    What a delicious irony, considering the issues Kiwis living in Australia have

"In politics, stupidity is not a handicap" .Napoléon
    Almost as bizarre as Abbott, claiming a Captain's call, appointing Prince Phillip as one of the last Knights of the Order of Australia. Sir Duke of Edinburgh. Good knight nursie!
    Last edited by Bjauck; 18-07-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Occasionally see Andrew out walking Harry and thinking about how great this country is .........should bail him up and have a chat with him ......but that wouldn't be fair really as out walking with Harry is meant to be his time for reflection.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Occasionally see Andrew out walking Harry and thinking about how great this country is .........should bail him up and have a chat with him ......but that wouldn't be fair really as out walking with Harry is meant to be his time for reflection.
    Also you may cause a shock reaction, as I doubt he has previously encountered any voter wishing to speak to him.

Advanced Member

Just started the nations plan to be rid of all vermin by tomorrow - or was it yesterday? Went to farmlands and bought a A24 Automatic multi-kill trap for rats. It cost me $189 and the paperwork seems to suggest that a couple of dozen of them spread around the property would be effective. Anybody out there know of a good market for dead rats? Either of the two main parties, National or NZ First, offering a bounty? Do I keep the ears or the tails in case?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Just started the nations plan to be rid of all vermin by tomorrow - or was it yesterday? Went to farmlands and bought a A24 Automatic multi-kill trap for rats. It cost me $189 and the paperwork seems to suggest that a couple of dozen of them spread around the property would be effective. Anybody out there know of a good market for dead rats? Either of the two main parties, National or NZ First, offering a bounty? Do I keep the ears or the tails in case?
    I hate to burst your bubble, Craic, but I bought one of those and tried it in a rat-infested shed next door. No takers for weeks on end. But those electrocution traps seem to work OK, and a standard rat trap does too. They are well designed though, the Goodnature traps. Maybe we had the bait wrong. A bit like National huh? Sounds good, looks good, but doesn't do anything..

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Always used to be said to plant your lemon tree on top of a dead cat. Guess a few dead rats would work just as well.

Mr English might be interested in a bulk lot on 24 September.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Always used to be said to plant your lemon tree on top of a dead cat. Guess a few dead rats would work just as well.

Mr English might be interested in a bulk lot on 24 September.
    I think you are confusing rhetoric with reality. NZ First's policies look a lot like Labour's for the most part, Winston has stronger social media ties with Labour than with National, and he's been hammering National for years. Literally and figuratively. Is anyone sure which way he would go, if given the deciding vote? What will he do when the Labour-Green coalition get more party votes than National-Act does?

Keep an eye on this page of Wikipedia, shows that the polls are quite variable. National is trending down in popularity. OK, Labour is flat-lining at the moment..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...election,_2017
    Last edited by elZorro; 19-07-2017 at 09:03 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I think you are confusing rhetoric with reality. NZ First's policies look a lot like Labour's for the most part, Winston has stronger social media ties with Labour than with National, and he's been hammering National for years. Literally and figuratively. Is anyone sure which way he would go, if given the deciding vote? What will he do when the Labour-Green coalition get more party votes than National-Act does?
    Easy answer. Winston first says he will negotiate first with the highest polling party. But the end decision will depend on 'baubles'. Labour/Greens will be ready, willing, and probably able to offer him Prime Minister portfolio, given that neither party could front with a suitable PM. That and the promise of a knighthood. Two burning desires for Winston. So I'll concede. Next govt. will be Labour/Greens/NZ First with Peters as PM. Not good at all for the country, but it'll be amusing to say the least.

Advanced Member

The latest poll has English sitting on the pigs back with Little going nowhere and just a point ahead of Winston. Last nights radio talkback appeared to put a bomb under the Greens as a result of their leaders confession of benefit fraud. NZ First know that they must clearly state that they will not work with the Greens if they are to maintain their voter base and WP knows that. Gareth Morgan is a non-event. A change of government looks less likely with each passing day.