sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Easy answer. Winston first says he will negotiate first with the highest polling party. But the end decision will depend on 'baubles'. Labour/Greens will be ready, willing, and probably able to offer him Prime Minister portfolio, given that neither party could front with a suitable PM. That and the promise of a knighthood. Two burning desires for Winston. So I'll concede. Next govt. will be Labour/Greens/NZ First with Peters as PM. Not good at all for the country, but it'll be amusing to say the least.
    Probably as amusing as the Trump presidency. Nothing will get done but the country will turn into the laughing stock of the world. I am pretty sure Trump will support Winston.

However - as funny as it might be, I still hope we can save the country from this disaster in the making ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Probably as amusing as the Trump presidency. Nothing will get done but the country will turn into the laughing stock of the world. I am pretty sure Trump will support Winston.

However - as funny as it might be, I still hope we can save the country from this disaster in the making ...
    The country will be saved by a change of government - have a look at this commentary on John Key's abdication speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zerc...&feature=share

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    The country will be saved by a change of government - have a look at this commentary on John Key's abdication speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zerc...&feature=share
    Hmm - not sure I intend to spend more than an hour on Labours propaganda ... Obviously - backwards looking as usual.

However - didn't they tell the Labour propaganda department that John Key is history? If Labour wants to win in one of the next elections than they should at least put their effort into throwing mud at people who still matter, if throwing mud is really the best they can do.

Obviously - still better would be to come up with a positive forward looking plan for the country, but we probably shouldn't overestimate their capabilities ...
    ----

OMG this quiz must be rigged

Labour came out on top by miles ....... They are 82% aligned to my beliefs (whatever that means)

http://newzealand.isidewith.com/poli...from=DCVbcxafk
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Labour came out on top by miles ....... They are 82% aligned to my beliefs (whatever that means)

Did it too and it says I'm more with NZ First than the others. Jon Snow will die again if I ever give my party vote to NZ First racist party.

Dilettante

I have least in common with Mana, Aeotearo Cannabis, Maori, United Future and Greens. Not really a surprise !! But ACT was 70%, National 69% and NZ First 59%. Interesting. ACT basically strong due to electoral views
    Last edited by iceman; 19-07-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Did it too and it says I'm more with NZ First than the others. Jon Snow will die again if I ever give my party vote to NZ First racist party.
    Rod Drury tweeted the quiz says he sides with National - spose quiz has some credence then.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

LOL - looks like I am a pretty balanced voter despite Gareth seems to make the cut (never would touch him with a bargepole, alone vote for him) ...

Here are my results ...

iVote.JPG

Not very helpful, but the people calling me hard right (westerly) or hard left (Craic) can find some inspiration ...

but than ... I typically support ACT, National and (sometimes and a long time ago) the Greenies - adding all of them up makes 166% - this is how it works? Right?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 19-07-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    ----

Legend

Labour was my top too, joint winner with the Greens, but only at 79%. This must mean you're more of a Labour-leaning leftie than I am, W69.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I have least in common with Mana, Aeotearo Cannabis, Maori, United Future and Greens. Not really a surprise !! But ACT was 70%, National 69% and NZ First 59%. Interesting. ACT basically strong due to electoral views
    Interesting. I was Act, then National but what really surprised is TOP was third but a fair way back..

P.S. Reason I was surprised with TOP being third is I would not consider voting for their policies.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 19-07-2017 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Added postscript.