sharetrader
Page 448 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3483984384444454464474484494504514524584985489481448 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 16077

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Yes, it could be FP. Norman and Turei both speak common sense backed up with research, and they're good at sound bites. You should indeed be worried.

Steven Joyce finally moves to get control of Novopay, as Talent2 refuses to modify the code any more, within the contract. Looks like a team of NZ software writers will get access to the source code for up to 6 years, at a price of course. But at least we'll see if NZ programmers are any more organised and dedicated than Australians.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...payroll-system

I note that one school kept sane by writing their own Excel spreadsheet to keep track of the situation. NovoPay cost $125million, so far.

Transfer to NZ will occur after the election. So if the swapover isn't clean, it won't affect the voting.

This NovoPay debacle should be high in the mind of politicians when they decide who should write the new IRD software. No matter what the track record in software writing of this size, it should be done in NZ. Keep the work here.
    EZ
    Look Steven Joyce is on to it, I mean after all he has a Zoology Degree!!

Legend

Good posts Belgarion, that's the guts of it. Smarter things get done when Labour is in office.

Banned

Good posts Belgarion, that's the guts of it. Smarter things get done when Labour is in office.
    Thanks for the joke of the day. He.he.he.

classic - I didn't realise you are working for TUI!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Okay. Quite happy to accept your points of view ... BUT ONLY WHEN YOU SHOW SOME SUBSTANCE.

Cuzzie's non-reasoned, unsubstantiated rhetoric is to be expected - we expect nothing more from him.

But BP, surely you have some substance for such criticism?
    That's hard case coming from the Spam-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    Thanks for the joke of the day. He.he.he.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    classic - I didn't realise you are working for TUI!
    Okay. Quite happy to accept your points of view ... BUT ONLY WHEN YOU SHOW SOME SUBSTANCE.

Cuzzie's non-reasoned, unsubstantiated rhetoric is to be expected - we expect nothing more from him.

They aren't having a go at you belgarion… they're having a go at ElZorro, and I for one don't blame them on this occasion.

When it comes to generalised blanket-statements like 'Smarter things get done when Labour is in office', one would receive a more balanced political viewpoint by listening to a toilet flush.

Hi Belg,

always obliging ...

So - why do I think that your remark that "Smarter things get done when Labour is in office" was TUI bill board material, lets see ...

Oh yes, obviously there is the Novapay debacle which you blame National for. Funny thing is, that Labour picked Talent 2 and created the contractual frame work for Novapay. The Novopay contract was initially signed off by the Labour Government in 2008 (check Wikipedia). Smarter things are done by a Labour government ????? Well, yes, maybe they wanted to make life as difficult as possible for the poor bastards who had to sort out their mess afterwards, but again - Novapay is Labours baby .... do we really want to give them more opportunities to waste tax payers money?

Now you might say that you knew from the beginning that Labour is not smart about IT projects, but otherwise ...

The last Labour government cares a sh*t about individual rights (maybe you call that smart - I call that crook):
    - they put a refugee (Ahmed Zhaoi) in solitary confinement for 10 months, despite never telling him what he was accused of
    - they drove a 50% increase in the prison population
    - they drafted and passed amendments to the Immigration Act removing rights of appeal and allowing the use of secret evidence
    - they drafted and passed the Terrorism Suppression Act, a piece of legislation which cuts deeply into our fundamental rights
    - they condoned and supported the October 15 raids in which the Police invaded and harassed innocent communities
    - they passed legislation preventing courts deciding who should own the seabed and foreshore

(lifted of http://www.kiwipolitico.com/2009/01/...ur-government/)

and hey
    - they put NZ troops into Afghanistan and Iraq

Is this, what you call smart?

Belg, come on ... don't let your political views clouding your judgement ...

Hi Belg,

always obliging ...

So - why do I think that your remark that "Smarter things get done when Labour is in office" was TUI bill board material, lets see ...
    erm, belg didn't say that El Zorro did.

Looking at the Novopay debaracle I don't think either party are blameless. Nobody should try and score political points off it, rather they should learn from their mistakes and get on with the job of fixing it...and keep future large scale IT projects onshore ffs.
    Last edited by Banksie; 31-07-2014 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    erm, belg didn't say that El Zorro did.
    True ... my oversight. EZ made the claim, Belg defended it. Sometimes I find it difficult to distinguish between them on this thread. Must be political siblings ...

True ... my oversight. EZ made the claim, Belg defended it. Sometimes I find it difficult to distinguish between them on this thread. Must be political siblings ...
    Lol

To clarify, that list of items you gave regarding things that went wrong under labour, most of them would have had the same outcome under national. I haven't researched them all but it seems that the greens were the only ones who voted against the terrorism act and spoke out regarding the treatment of Ahmed Zhaoi.

Seems to be that both labour and national are both scared to rock the international boat.
    Last edited by Banksie; 31-07-2014 at 03:50 PM.