sharetrader
Page 316 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 2162663063123133143153163173183193203263664168161316 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 16077
    Legend

O'Reilly says it all ......

"Chief executive Phil O'Reilly said lowering the company tax rate would be preferable to offering tax credits to certain types of businesses".

and he's absolutely right.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Cuzzie
    my list was a mere apetiser, a starter if you like. I look forward to your list of nationals achievements with great interest, go on give me ten significant milestones that national has achieved which have left an enduring legacy over the last, say 30 years
    Sgt Pepper, I have no intention of posting a list, but you have and that's what I'm willing to talk about. I'm not going to give you the opportunity you have just given me to dissect my thoughts on Nationals achievements. So if that is your appetiser feel free to post the rest.
    I will give you one opportunity to debate a great National achievement - just to be fair and say that, " One of the best things National has ever done is to finally get rid of NZ worst ever P.M in our history, Helen Clark". Funny how Clark fell straight into her dream job, the U.N, after her defeat. Straight into one of their top jobs to boot. That would not of happened if she was not one of their own. Dwell on those words, "one of their own". That says a lot about Helen Clark and the person she was when running the country too & I don't mean that in a bright light even though she is in a bright light now. Excuse my cryptic. Anyway, Clark just beats out Labours Dot.com lookalike Lange who will forever be remembered for being told to jump by the French and Lange said, "how high?" He did jump, even though the height was recorded at 14mm, proving just what a weak a pathetic leader he really was. Labour when from a very weak man to a total control freak. Cunliffe reminds me of Clark, but not as cunning.
    Sgt Pepper, in a nutshell National is about opportunities, Labour is about controlling. It really is that simple. So there you go, get your laughing gear around that S.P that will keep you going this Easter, have a good one.

Long after the GFC EZ? I think you'll find the rest of the world is still in the middle of it. We are out of it. Any speculation that Labour would have done better is just that.

Had a mate of mine die today Craic, the big C. Terrible to see a young lad go(45). The man was the stuff of legends too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    Sgt Pepper, I have no intention of posting a list, but you have and that's what I'm willing to talk about. I'm not going to give you the opportunity you have just given me to dissect my thoughts on Nationals achievements. So if that is your appetiser feel free to post the rest.
    I will give you one opportunity to debate a great National achievement - just to be fair and say that, " One of the best things National has ever done is to finally get rid of NZ worst ever P.M in our history, Helen Clark". Funny how Clark fell straight into her dream job, the U.N, after her defeat. Straight into one of their top jobs to boot. That would not of happened if she was not one of their own. Dwell on those words, "one of their own". That says a lot about Helen Clark and the person she was when running the country too & I don't mean that in a bright light even though she is in a bright light now. Excuse my cryptic. Anyway, Clark just beats out Labours Dot.com lookalike Lange who will forever be remembered for being told to jump by the French and Lange said, "how high?" He did jump, even though the height was recorded at 14mm, proving just what a weak a pathetic leader he really was. Labour when from a very weak man to a total control freak. Cunliffe reminds me of Clark, but not as cunning.
    Sgt Pepper, in a nutshell National is about opportunities, Labour is about controlling. It really is that simple. So there you go, get your laughing gear around that S.P that will keep you going this Easter, have a good one.
    Cuzzie

Regarding Helen Clark and the UN. As you are no doubt aware she is a serious contender to be the next Secretary General to replace Ban ki Moon. John key is an enthusiastic supporter of her aspiration to be the next SG. Are you not supportive of the Prime Minister in this matter???
    Regarding Easter, thank you I wont be laughing much as I am working over Easter

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    O'Reilly says it all ......

"Chief executive Phil O'Reilly said lowering the company tax rate would be preferable to offering tax credits to certain types of businesses".

and he's absolutely right.
    FP
    Phil O'Reilly has great media skills and always comes across well. Unfortunately there is the perception that he is very close to the government and reluctant to criticise. I think a better approach would be the model of the British Confederation of Industry which engages well with both the British Labour Party and the Conservatives.
    This approach is very sensible and pragmatic and would be very applicable to our environment with 3 year electoral cycles and tight, unpredictable MMP elections

A real Labour man retiring in the UK
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/t...in-mitchell-mp

Mitchell had NZ connections in the 60's - remember the Quarter Acre Pavlova Paradise?

Probably he be dismayed at how NZ has turned out since he left .... much like he has seen Britain go

Last paragraph - I will keep fighting for full employment, and for the reversal of those trends which have reduced the share of Britain’s GDP going to wages and salaries by 10% with that share being transferred to wealth and the big corporations.

Pity Labour don't live that in NZ

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Long after the GFC EZ? I think you'll find the rest of the world is still in the middle of it. We are out of it. Any speculation that Labour would have done better is just that.

Had a mate of mine die today Craic, the big C. Terrible to see a young lad go(45). The man was the stuff of legends too.
    I do the funerals for a local RSA - The Last Post, the Ode ,poppies and all that so it adds up to attending a dozen or so funerals each year. Makes me a little harder in this area but I get a closer look at the effects on people and their resilience.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Cuzzie

Regarding Helen Clark and the UN. As you are no doubt aware she is a serious contender to be the next Secretary General to replace Ban ki Moon. John key is an enthusiastic supporter of her aspiration to be the next SG. Are you not supportive of the Prime Minister in this matter???
    Regarding Easter, thank you I wont be laughing much as I am working over Easter
    I'm very much aware that H.C could be replacing Ban Ki-moon and the fact that John Key is a supporter means one of many things for which I could not answer to you as I don't know that answer. Tell me S.P you do know the history of the U.N, their founding members and the religion it is based on don't you? Hint, there is one mediation room dedicated to ---? Do a quick Google and then research your findings. There is a book on that very subject that was written last year by a NZ author. I've just finished reading it and researched the quotes and statements made. Spine chilling to the core. Helen Clark would need to think like Ban Ki-moon, Kofi Annan & U Thant , follow Adam Weishaupt, Helena Blavatsky & Alice Bailey's philosophies and carry on what Robert Muller worked so hard to achieve at the U.N. May I suggest you Google Adam Weishaupt, Helena Blavatsky & Alice Bailey's first. Alice Bailey along with her husband Foster and their The Lucis Trust was behind the start of the U.N.
    S.P if you are still gloating that H.C possible appointment to the top U.N job is something that is great, there is a good chance you might change your mind when you get up to speed on the matter. belg would know what I'm on about.
    Here is a short cut link that showcase the Lucis Trust in a matter of minutes. http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...ucytrust04.htm
    The photo on this link shows the above mentioned mediation room in the U.N building dedicated to ---? Not one, not two, but three Popes have been tricked into praying here. One Pope could not get out of the room and the U.N building fast enough when he realized where he was, the other two embraced it. Scary thought right there.

Big subject - big long weekend, have a read - do some research and let me know what you think. Sorry you are working over S.P, that's not cool as I know only too well.

Cuzzie thanks for your comprehensive reply I will look at the material you highlighted when I get home tonight, i appreciate your effort. I may not agree with all your posts but I always read them.

SP

Banned

Thanks S.P, I look forward to your reply. You know if we all agreed with each other about everything, it sure would be a boring place to live.