sharetrader
    Legend

eZ and his ilk will e thrilled to reminisce on the very real and beneficial acheivments of their beloved Labour party, before their spines descended into jelly.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/pain-an...ry-ng-p-193541

Anyone see Nick Smith on the Nation this morning ?
    He's in complete denial about the housing crisis let alone the stress on infrastructure.
    This is completely in their control of course.
    All they need to do is turn down the level of record immigration to take the pressure off.
    But they wont as its the only way they know how to grow the economy and they wont even accept that having a million dollar average priced housing in Auckland is a problem!
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Advanced Member

And of course turning off the immigration tap would put pressure on wages and this government clearly won't want that...

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    eZ and his ilk will e thrilled to reminisce on the very real and beneficial acheivments of their beloved Labour party, before their spines descended into jelly.

Ironic that the article concludes with a link to the "rich list 1916" Acheivments?

Legend

Treasury boffins drove the neoliberalism experiment, not core Labour. The boffins just happened to have the plan ready when the country was in crisis from Muldoon's hands-on controlling.

Explain for me how, under Helen Clark some time later, with some moves to soften the hard edges of neoliberal policy and move a bit more left, the country boomed, the economy was grown, good capital gains were made, good taxes were paid, and in the space of nine years nearly all the historical Crown debt was paid off? They just got lucky? I think they knew how to run the country properly.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Treasury boffins drove the neoliberalism experiment, not core Labour. The boffins just happened to have the plan ready when the country was in crisis from Muldoon's hands-on controlling.

Explain for me how, under Helen Clark some time later, with some moves to soften the hard edges of neoliberal policy and move a bit more left, the country boomed, the economy was grown, good capital gains were made, good taxes were paid, and in the space of nine years nearly all the historical Crown debt was paid off? They just got lucky? I think they knew how to run the country properly.
    Douglas wrote and published 'There's got to be a better way' without any help from treasury. For which he got a severe bollicking from Dopey Rowling. To the immense credit of Labour, particularly Moore, Caygill, Goff and others we stopped emulating soviet union type policies which had crept in under both govts, and increased our standard of living to what we have today. In spite of the odd bit of moaning and groaning heard, it;s much better to be poor now than it was pre Douglas, when even the wealthy couldn't afford much. Such a pit Lange lost the plot and flicked the switch before the reforms were complete.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 28-08-2016 at 08:40 AM.

They say money makes people right-wing and inegalitarian

As house prices rise / booming stock market / increased perceived wealth / declining unemployment rates the harder its becoming for Labour (Green) winning next year - no matter how bad the Nats are
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Yep agree unfortunately. People will turn a blind eye to social depravation and environmental destruction as long as their pockets are being lined for doing nothing, i.e. owning property. Brings out the worst in people.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    They say money makes people right-wing and inegalitarian

As house prices rise / booming stock market / increased perceived wealth / declining unemployment rates the harder its becoming for Labour (Green) winning next year - no matter how bad the Nats are
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Yep agree unfortunately. People will turn a blind eye to social depravation and environmental destruction as long as their pockets are being lined for doing nothing, i.e. owning property. Brings out the worst in people.

What a ridiculous comment.

What a ridiculous comment.
    Only in your view, somewhat biased towards the right of right of centre.

westerly