sharetrader
Page 517 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1741746750751351451551651751851952052152756761710171517 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,170 of 16077
    Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post

. . .
    We just need the emails from these attack bloggers to lead back to National Party members and we should all be looking for our pitch forks, tar and feathers. ...

But what am I saying ... Surely there's a more likely scenario?

What if Slater and Graham's fathers and father's friends were the link? ... A quick nod and wink, a few untaxed dollars under the table in grubby envelopes, and away the scumbags went? ... If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then its probably a duck?
    As a result, I think I shall be looking at shares in The Warehouse, and in Mainfreight.

As em@il is no longer secure, a lot more correspondence will be done by hand, using pen and paper, then couriered to the recipients, who will then read it and shred it.

Pens, paper, grubby envelopes, and shredders from The Warehouse, courier service from Mainfreight. Not

Looks like a winner to me.

Admitted what exactly, Hugh?

I was only challenging your b.s that said the initial run was 3k. Actually it was 4k. And it was sold out in less than 1.5 hours. Another 2k was ordered and within an hour was upped to 4k. All this in 1st 24 hours?

Get with it Hugh. People are becoming informed. We know you don't want them to be.

Have you read it, Hugh?

No? I guess you're quite happy being the bigot you are. Fine by me. Question tho ... Are all National supporters so bigoted?

National supporters don't need to read it as its all "a left wing conspiracy theory"? Is that what you're saying? Keep burying your head in the sand, Hugh. Up to you. (You have the honour of being our ShareTrader clown after all.)

BTW ... The "Afterword" of NH's books hasn't been reported on much - actually only in the first day about the need for complete transparency in party donations and funding.

People like Hugh should be reading the Afterword ... if nothing else .... If they don't, the "BIG BAD LEFT WING" will get in and do it all to National ... Copying exactly from the National Party playbook!
    Hmmm, well if its a choice of believing the Sunday Star Times and believing Belge I'll believe the SST any day of the week.
    But the point is its a rather small number. Eleanor Catton's "The Luminaries" (which I bought) about 20, Nicky Hager 1.

There may have been a feeding frenzy among the far left wing as Sue Bradford and John Minto and Dot Com and Belge all tried to cram into the same shop together....

Geez! Even Bernard Hickey of www.interest.co.nz fame has been attacked!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...ess-journalist

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Bernard is, after all, an educated man and the holder of economics qualifications (unlike you MVT) and, consequently, has been rightly critical of this mediocre National party led government.

We just need the emails from these attack bloggers to lead back to National Party members and we should all be looking for our pitch forks, tar and feathers. ...

But what am I saying ... Surely there's a more likely scenario?

What if Slater and Graham's fathers and father's friends were the link? ... A quick nod and wink, a few untaxed dollars under the table in grubby envelopes, and away the scumbags went? ... If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then its probably a duck?
    Belg

You are correct. I notice when I have been posting and have referred to or quoted Bernard Hickey or Road Oram they are dismissed with a level of invective which I find puzzling. Why is this, I think, that some National government supporters are so harsh with these two. I am not sure but I could speculate. You see anyone with an economics or business background who doesn't always worship at the altar of John Key is especially reviled as they are seen as a threat. Despite prejudices about Labour governments being " anti business" it simply doesn't stand up under scrutiny. As I have pointed out before one of the most outstanding Labour Party President was the late Michael Hirscfeld, a multi millionaire who owned Mico-Wakefield. Should the country elect a left of centre government the very well off have nothing to fear, angry crowds of peasants with pitchforks will not besiege their homes, they will not have to bury their jewelery, and I am positve we wont see guillotines in town squares.
    BUT if John Key is let loose on the levers of power again after all these incredible revelations..who knows. I think I might read All The Presidents Men , there are some extraordinary similarities with the Watergate Scandal, truly frightening stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Hmmm, well if its a choice of believing the Sunday Star Times and believing Belge I'll believe the SST any day of the week.
    I think you will find it is more than belg that had the initial run down as 4000.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/kiwi...litics-6061264
    http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO140...-in-stores.htm
    http://www.i-grafix.com/new-zealand/...irty-politics/
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...lmed-by-demand

Let's be clear on what bigotry is...

An impartial observer would only need to go back through your posts to conclude the same thing.

Why would I say this?

Because impartial observers from the US and Europe are going back through forums such as this to understand how people think and behave in the face of significant political upheaval.

Funny to think that the rest of the world is seeing us as guinea pigs.
    Except there is no political upheaval. None at all. This is one of the least contentious elections held in recent decades.

New Zealand is prosperous, unemployment is falling, new car sales are up, machinery sales are up, house prices continue to rise in some places etc etc. We shouldn't ignore those who are struggling but overall we live in a fortunate nation.

"Bigotry is a state of mind where a person views other groups with fear, distrust, prejudice or hatred solely on the basis of ethnicity, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other group characteristics."

That "other group characteristics" would include national supporters. Do you really think anybody on here, that has read you abusive posts to people that don't have the same view as yours, believe that you can't be bigoted to a group? I doudt I'd even have to please you by copy/pasting. You would only have to look at most a page or two back. If that.

Is this maybe even why you get banned every now and again?

Legend

FP. What do you think of National's latest policy of granting $10,000 or $20,000 to new home buyers? How does it compare to interest free student loans, R&D tax credits etc? It's notable that the money will be promptly paid across to those selling houses, in many cases they'll be rental property investors looking to get out at the high end of the market. Is this the sort of policy National has at its core?

Based on your comments in the past, surely this policy will simply add $10,000 or $20,000 to all house prices? You, Sir, should not vote for them, in principle.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Default Have The Germans Been Here Before ? ? ?

But very, very slow GTM. And unlikely that your suppliers or customers would accept it.
    Once those "grubby envelopes" of yours get moving, Belg, it's security not speed that's important. For all parties to the transaction.

From The Guardian of 15th July:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...g-surveillance

"German politicians are considering a return to using manual typewriters for sensitive documents in the wake of the US surveillance scandal.

The head of the Bundestag's parliamentary inquiry into NSA activity in Germany said in an interview with the Morgenmagazin TV programme that he and his colleagues were seriously thinking of ditching email completely.

Asked "Are you considering typewriters" by the interviewer on Monday night, the Christian Democrat politican Patrick Sensburg said: "As a matter of fact, we have – and not electronic models either". "Really?" the surprised interviewer checked. "Yes, no joke," Sensburg responded."

Hopefully, Warehouse Stationery also sell typewriters.

But, either way, I rest my case. . .
    Last edited by GTM 3442; 03-09-2014 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Nothing I can put my finger on.

Advanced Member

A competent internet user can create all kinds of havoc, send chills up and down the backs of people up and down the country and cost large amounts of money simply by creating an idea,masking it in a degree of mystery and releasing it as an "I read in the paper the other day" item. It could simply be a statement that "unknown to the public there are three cases of #%#%#%# Disease already in NZ. Two are in Auckland and one in Christchurch" We are probably fortunate that the clowns who play this sort of game have confined their efforts to politics. We need strong new laws but you wont get them until the clowns start interfering in the financial markets and costing a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    A competent internet user can create all kinds of havoc, send chills up and down the backs of people up and down the country and cost large amounts of money simply by creating an idea,masking it in a degree of mystery and releasing it as an "I read in the paper the other day" item. It could simply be a statement that "unknown to the public there are three cases of #%#%#%# Disease already in NZ. Two are in Auckland and one in Christchurch" We are probably fortunate that the clowns who play this sort of game have confined their efforts to politics. We need strong new laws but you wont get them until the clowns start interfering in the financial markets and costing a lot of money.
    Are you talking about the hackers or the bloggers craic?