sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Is that "inside" the Labour Party ? There won't be much infighting going on in the party. Blackcap is right that most people don't know what it is about. But I sure hope the electorate committee deselects him for the upcoming election, an election that National will win regardless due to no real alternative choice for voters.
    Have you made it back Iceman, still keen on National I see? My inside bit was fed via someone's contact in Clutha-Southland.

This little furore will lose a couple of percentage points for National in the next poll, it's all the Labour-Green coalition needs.

Todd caught out lying again..and Paddy Gower is out there digging around.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politi...ts-emerge.html

Look what happens when the journalists start doing their job.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Have you made it back Iceman, still keen on National I see? My inside bit was fed via someone's contact in Clutha-Southland.

This little furore will lose a couple of percentage points for National in the next poll, it's all the Labour-Green coalition needs.

Todd caught out lying again..and Paddy Gower is out there digging around.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politi...ts-emerge.html

Look what happens when the journalists start doing their job.
    This must be terribly exciting for you eZ. Just keep a close eye on your blood pressure.

Advanced Member

So Now the National candidate ( that no one ever heard is gone and will be replaced at the next election) is out and all is well. Now if Labour could change their underwear at that speed they might have a chance to get somewhere in an election. But their problem is that they would have to start at the top. And their prime target could only be accused of inertia or something like that. If only they could snare Winston Peters.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    So Now the National candidate ( that no one ever heard is gone and will be replaced at the next election) is out and all is well. Now if Labour could change their underwear at that speed they might have a chance to get somewhere in an election. But their problem is that they would have to start at the top. And their prime target could only be accused of inertia or something like that. If only they could snare Winston Peters.
    He is gone but the leaders integrity is tarnished.
    You don't have a problem that Billy lied and lied?
    No issues with using tax payers money to hush things up?
    The means justify the ends - until they don't!

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Well I can think of a couple of other candidate selection debacles in the National Party over the past five or so years. (The upshot of one, of course, is that now we all know who Aaron Gilmore was).

But they do seem to have a bit of an issue with entitled blokes. In fact very few of the blokes have come out of this particularly well, compared with the grace and dignity displayed by the women involved.

I'm wondering if this is an indication that there's a desperate need for more women in Parliament?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    Well I can think of a couple of other candidate selection debacles in the National Party over the past five or so years. (The upshot of one, of course, is that now we all know who Aaron Gilmore was).

But they do seem to have a bit of an issue with entitled blokes. In fact very few of the blokes have come out of this particularly well, compared with the grace and dignity displayed by the women involved.

I'm wondering if this is an indication that there's a desperate need for more women in Parliament?
    In that case vote Labour, since our party is meant to look like a cross-section of NZ's best.

I'm sorry Barclay is gone, that could have been dragged out a bit. He'd worked under Bill for a short time, in his office. So Bill knew him well, but didn't recommend him as a candidate and ring-in MP the first time up.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

In that case vote Labour, since our party is meant to look like a cross-section of NZ's best.

I'm sorry Barclay is gone, that could have been dragged out a bit. He'd worked under Bill for a short time, in his office. So Bill knew him well, but didn't recommend him as a candidate and ring-in MP the first time up.
    I suppose that if you look at it through the lens of Labour Party politics, then it must have all come to far too rapid a conclusion.

However if you look at it a different way, then I think you simply end up a bit sad that there's been a new floor set for political behaviour, and a bit despondent because you think it likely that there'll soon be a new, even lower, floor on the horizon.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    I suppose that if you look at it through the lens of Labour Party politics, then it must have all come to far too rapid a conclusion.

However if you look at it a different way, then I think you simply end up a bit sad that there's been a new floor set for political behaviour, and a bit despondent because you think it likely that there'll soon be a new, even lower, floor on the horizon.
    No, Labour and Green insiders are well aware of the rot that has set in over the last nine years (Dirty Politics), and wouldn't emulate that. And just watching the policy decisions that pull NZ away from being an egalitarian society. If you had a deep look at some of these National MPs, you'd wonder how they get to stay in office.

I bet the press have been given plenty of leads to follow up in the past, and haven't bothered, because National MPs place more ads in their papers.

Legend

I bet the press have been given plenty of leads to follow up in the past, and haven't bothered, because National MPs place more ads in their papers.
    Oh dear ez. That paranoia seems to be at an all time high.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Default A plague on all their houses

No, Labour and Green insiders are well aware of the rot that has set in over the last nine years (Dirty Politics), and wouldn't emulate that. And just watching the policy decisions that pull NZ away from being an egalitarian society. If you had a deep look at some of these National MPs, you'd wonder how they get to stay in office.

Oh, I don't know, elZorro.

I'm inclined to think that when it comes to lowering the floor, everyone's had their fair go with the digger.

I've known a few MPs over the years and like you, I wonder how they manage to stay in office. I've also wondered how some of them ever got selected in the first place. I lean to the suspicion that perhaps they know where the bodies are buried.
    Last edited by GTM 3442; 22-06-2017 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Remove vile and slanderous innuendo.