sharetrader
Page 772 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 2726727227627687697707717727737747757767828228721272 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,720 of 16077

What can I say, I've always been a glass half full kind of guy, especially when that glass contains the amber liquid !
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    What can I say, I've always been a glass half full kind of guy, especially when that glass contains the amber liquid !
    Back in my drinking days, mine was always half empty.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Excellent contribution, westerly - just remind me where did I see this quote before?

However - you are completely correct, things might turn out much worse - either for the Left or for the country ...
    "Always expect the worst and you will never be disappointed"
    I do not know who first said this but it is something to ponder in your more reflective moments. Especially with politics and shares.

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

W69, are you serious about your 'entitlement'? Up to a point I'd agree, but the super bill is heading for the $30billion mark in 2030. That's about half of the tax take in a bad year, at the moment.
    Deadly serious EZ, its an entitlement going back to promises made by Michael Joseph Savage and repromised in 1972.

As the nice letter from the government agency said it is a recognition for my contribution to making NZ the country it is today.

Your generations challenge EZ is to work out how to pay for it into the future

Mr Little needs to remember there are lots us and our numbers are growing all the time. Stuff us around at your peril.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Deadly serious EZ, its an entitlement going back to promises made by Michael Joseph Savage and repromised in 1972.

As the nice letter from the government agency said it is a recognition for my contribution to making NZ the country it is today.

Mr Little needs to remember there are lots us and our numbers are growing all the time. Stuff us around at your peril.
    OK, W69, as it happens I was at Mission Bay, Auck, in the weekend and parked in view of a sign that said "Memorial to Michael Joseph Savage". As you probably guessed, I couldn't resist going to have a look at this structure, and it was more impressive than I would have thought. I was looking hard for fellow Labour voters, but the weather was a bit blustery. It would be fantastic on a good day. No doubt the Council looks after all this area, but it was built, paid for, by the Labour Party and its members. I thought that if they did all this, back in the 1940s, why are we having so much trouble getting things going today? I think since Helen Clark and Michael Cullen left, they lost a bit of confidence.

Why do I help Labour if I can? They do have ideas that will build the economy, build the tax base fairly, get people employed, make our exports smarter, more quickly. This would help pay for your super. Dr Cullen also knew what would help pay for it, a massive fund. It would be helpful if new contributions went into it. Maybe after the next crash?

I have a lot of respect for your views W69, so I've taken that on board..cheers.

Well its hardly news that politicians break promises & those promises were made without anyone putting aside the money to pay for it.
    Wasn't it Muldoon who cancelled compulsory super? Could be wrong there as was only a kid at the time.
    I think the pension should be phased out altogether & more incentive put into Kiwi saver, like perhaps making it tax free.
    But instead National is cutting incentives to sign up for Kiwi Saver, an incredibly short sighted move when funding retirement is one of the biggest issues NZ is facing.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    OK, W69, as it happens I was at Mission Bay, Auck, in the weekend and parked in view of a sign that said "Memorial to Michael Joseph Savage". As you probably guessed, I couldn't resist going to have a look at this structure, and it was more impressive than I would have thought. I was looking hard for fellow Labour voters, but the weather was a bit blustery. It would be fantastic on a good day. No doubt the Council looks after all this area, but it was built, paid for, by the Labour Party and its members. I thought that if they did all this, back in the 1940s, why are we having so much trouble getting things going today? I think since Helen Clark and Michael Cullen left, they lost a bit of confidence.

Why do I help Labour if I can? They do have ideas that will build the economy, build the tax base fairly, get people employed, make our exports smarter, more quickly. This would help pay for your super. Dr Cullen also knew what would help pay for it, a massive fund. It would be helpful if new contributions went into it. Maybe after the next crash?

I have a lot of respect for your views W69, so I've taken that on board..cheers.

Fortunately there are not many who agree with you according to the latest poll.

Contact returning $367M to shareholders in a special dividend.
    So NZ power companies continue to rip off NZ consumers for the benefit of shareholders.
    NZ consumers have been told they are paying higher power prices as there is a need to invest in infrastructure yet Contact wanted to go on an offshore investment jaunt until shareholders told them to pull their head in. Meanwhile electricity prices remain unchanged.
    Origin Energy Australian are the largest shareholder 53% so that's where NZ consumers money will be going, Australia !

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Fortunately there are not many who agree with you according to the latest poll.
    I am surprised they managed to scrape together 25.5% support in the Roy Morgan poll. Obviously some diehard Labour supporters like EZ out there.
    And the much talked about backlash from Northland doesn't seem to have affected National, up to 54%

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Contact returning $367M to shareholders in a special dividend.
    So NZ power companies continue to rip off NZ consumers for the benefit of shareholders.
    NZ consumers have been told they are paying higher power prices as there is a need to invest in infrastructure yet Contact wanted to go on an offshore investment jaunt until shareholders told them to pull their head in. Meanwhile electricity prices remain unchanged.
    Origin Energy Australian are the largest shareholder 53% so that's where NZ consumers money will be going, Australia !
    Nobody is forced to be a customer of Contact. If you are concerned about their ownership, select one of the mainly NZ owned companies Genesis, Mighty River Power, Meridian and Trust Power. Simple really.