sharetrader
Page 439 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3393894294354364374384394404414424434494895399391439 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    We had the opportunity to pick STV (single transferable vote, which the Aussies use) but the referendum result was for MMP. Big mistake IMO. No wasted votes, no list MPs...lost opportunity.
    Nothing about Aussie politics or their electoral system should be copied. Bad government is to blame for all their woes.

Two things about our MMP system I don't like - the coat tails - get 1 electoral seat and then get a share of the seats according to the % received even though the party did not get 5%
    and a List MP leaves the party/gets kicked out - should be next man/woman from the party list brought in- not becoming an independent MP

Views may change if Hone.com get in

Just my 2cents worth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Are all Nasties like you?
    I'd like to think that was just dam straight talk, nothing wrong with that is there belg? After all, normal people must have rights too.

BTW, I just want to say I proud, I'm proud to be a straight male & make no apologies for the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    I

BTW, I just want to say I proud, I'm proud to be a straight male & make no apologies for the fact.
    Is that as in straight man or comedians stooge?

westerly

Legend

Greek, BOP, blogged in April:

You only have to look at The Herald to realise bias is alive and living. As for Gower, if that guy leaned right any further he will fall over.

We need, before this election, some unbiased, factual commentary. Ask the hard questions please, someone.

We have, at the moment, Gower, Hosking, Henry, Armstrong, O'Sullivan, Dann all putting their weight behind National. That's all I can think of, off-hand. Other than left-wing blogs, who else is there.

With whale-oil being Key's little 'boy' and then using that info, it becomes ever darker.

I can't wait for the day that someone deals with policies rather than personalities.

You missed that most of the population is also putting their weight behind National :-)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    You missed that most of the population is also putting their weight behind National :-)
    Reminds me of that famous quote (fibbing, just fell over this)

Reason and Ignorance, the opposites of each other, influence the great bulk of mankind. If either of these can be rendered sufficiently extensive in a country, the machinery of Government goes easily on. Reason obeys itself; and Ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    ~ Thomas Paine, The Rights of Man

Legend

In 2008, National made it back into power by swallowing all sorts of dead fish in the leadup to the election. Bland, inoffensive policies in the main, designed to appeal to everyone and leave a small target to attack. They had no real policy to cope with the GFC, that was obvious. Here we are, nearly six years later, and their receipts don't meet their expenses. They are still running a deficit. It's like an IPO which has not delivered.

This 'rock-star economy' can't even keep people in old jobs that have evolved here in the provinces for ages. Innovation, being careful with quality control or the technical side of manufacturing, product safety, staff safety, these are all areas where the government should have an influence.

http://tvnz.co.nz/business-news/fami...labour-6035891

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    In 2008, National made it back into power by swallowing all sorts of dead fish in the leadup to the election. Bland, inoffensive policies in the main, designed to appeal to everyone and leave a small target to attack. They had no real policy to cope with the GFC, that was obvious. Here we are, nearly six years later, and their receipts don't meet their expenses. They are still running a deficit. It's like an IPO which has not delivered.

This 'rock-star economy' can't even keep people in old jobs that have evolved here in the provinces for ages. Innovation, being careful with quality control or the technical side of manufacturing, product safety, staff safety, these are all areas where the government should have an influence.

http://tvnz.co.nz/business-news/fami...labour-6035891

And Labour's alternative is a man who has left a trail of financial wreckage and creditors in his wake. A failure in every way.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    IF anything, their plan worked too well, resulting in us having one of the (the?) highest official cash rates in the world which has had a negative effect on our currency (which has been great for imports which is ideal during a a period of deficits).

You don't need big, bold policies to be successful.