sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    That must be the least relevant post ever made. I certainly wouldn't put that in the book.
    Dont be so dismissive of EZ. Have you ever manufactured or exported anything???

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Dont be so dismissive of EZ. Have you ever manufactured or exported anything???
    That's almost as irrelevant as eZ's post.

Have you ever fried an egg?

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    That's almost as irrelevant as eZ's post.

Have you ever fried an egg?
    OK, so I take it that you haven't.

Fried eggs? Not for many years, I work in the Health service, too much cholesterol!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    OK, so I take it that you haven't.
    A silly assumption there Sgt. There is absolutely no way you could know.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 24-04-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Advanced Member

You may work in the health sector but so does the tea lady. I have the best cholesterol reading of any patient in a large practice and a doctor told me several years ago that testing my cholesterol was a waste of time because of genetic factors it would never be high. I eat at least two fried eggs with my bacon every morning. My wife takes pills for cholesterol but all the experts now seem to be moving towards the idea that diet has little to do with it. Back to the point - What do you think the Labour Party should eat to improve their chances in the next election?QUOTE=fungus pudding;663752]A silly assumption there Sgt. There is absolutely no way you could know.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    You may work in the health sector but so does the tea lady. I have the best cholesterol reading of any patient in a large practice and a doctor told me several years ago that testing my cholesterol was a waste of time because of genetic factors it would never be high. I eat at least two fried eggs with my bacon every morning. My wife takes pills for cholesterol but all the experts now seem to be moving towards the idea that diet has little to do with it. Back to the point - What do you think the Labour Party should eat to improve their chances in the next election?QUOTE=fungus pudding;663752]A silly assumption there Sgt. There is absolutely no way you could know.
    [/QUOTE]

Well, I can comment on what Jonathan Coleman and Judith Collins will be eating after the election... Bill English. I haven't quite decided when they will pounce but I am sure it will be before Christmas.
    Not convinced with my prediction??.
    Don't forget I was the only poster who predicted John Key would resign one year out from the event, with much derision from National Party supporters as I recall
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 24-04-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Advanced Member

I haven't seen any money up front on your prediction? I'm always happy with a wager here and there and at this point I'm sure Bill English will lead his party to victory in the next election. I knew a fellow in Ireland went outside every morning and looked up at the sky and predicted that it would "rain today"
    He was right most of the time - it rains somewhere in Ireland every day.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You might be here a bit harsh on EZ. I think what he wants to tell us is that his company flourishes thanks to the outstanding economic conditions created by the current government. His and many other companies are doing that well that they are able to employ additional people, further improving the economy.

He is basically asking us to help him to keep this great government in place to make sure that he is able to employ still more people under the next National government .
    BP, in my area we've retrenched a bit from peak employment as an SME, but have worked hard to find new customers. It hasn't been helped by the current govt's policy settings, more in spite of them. I've seen a major regional manufacturing exporter leave NZ for good, I have not seen too many startups replacing that sort of operation. I'm worried about the prospects ahead, it takes years to build up new business. If Labour's R&D tax credits had been left in place, it might be a different story. But this govt is looking after the big guys, there's a lot less of them, it's easier. They are a lazy lot, that's for sure.

Guru

So what you want is a WINZ for business.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    So what you want is a WINZ for business.
    I'd settle for a level playing field. If it's good enough for big business to get sweetheart deals, like Sky City did, or up to $5mill R&D grants for the big guys, why are undergrad engineering placements languishing at 200 students, and most of those end up with the bigger employers anyway? Small SMEs can apply for part funding, but they'd spend hundreds of hours doing the new paperwork. It's a deliberate keep-out strategy from the govt.

Other areas this National Govt isn't doing well on: secondary education. Hekia Parata may be moving on, but in her wake, the policy of higher pass rates for NCEA are having a noticeable effect.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2017/04/1...lation-in-ncea

Yes, more students are passing NCEA, but on an international basis, NZ students are getting worse at maths, science and reading. The comparison graph was stable until about 2009, and then it went on a dive.

And: Immigration settings including its effect on aged care workers pay.
    Last edited by elZorro; 25-04-2017 at 09:25 AM.