sharetrader
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question The come-back King

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Boris Johnson coming in now to 4's. May way out to 3's. This market is swinging like nobodys business.
    Latest odds for next PM:

May 3.00
    Johnson 4.00
    Rudd 10.00 << Kevin ?
    Davis 13.00
    Corbyn 19.00
    Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Not according to exit polls.
    At the end of the day the exit polls were about spot on .......amazing

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Haha, no Amber RUdd.....

Updated at 10:32 pm its almost all over....

May 1.07
    Boris 32
    Corbyn 40

Rest over 100

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Royal mess? A mess, for sure - but what is royal about that? However - it is all fully deserved and I can't help to feel some schadenfreude while watching the unfolding results.

They talk already about May's last days (about time, given it's already June ...) and another general election later this year.

Sounds to me like Italy - just the food* and the weather** is worse ...
    "Right royal" - an expression with which you are unfamiliar?
    "schadenfreude" at the UK's current travails would be unsurprising amongst Continental Europhiles.
    A few years ago, Belgium did not have a government for over a year...but the Belgians were not stepping out of line in the EU at the time.

*Depends if the old stereotype is still true. I have had great food from a wide range of cuisines in the UK; awful food in Italy. I love fish and chips, yorkshire pudding, cornish pasties and devonshire teas. An individual and cultural taste?
    What is bad weather? Mediterranean sun on a pale skin is always good?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 10-06-2017 at 10:26 AM. Reason: I am preparing toad in the hole for a good winter lunch

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Haha, no Amber RUdd.....

Updated at 10:32 pm its almost all over....

May 1.07
    Boris 32
    Corbyn 40

Rest over 100
    Yep...May back in for now. However is she sacrificing NI peace to remain in office? Her NI secretary may be given little respect by Sinn Fein and the republican side as the Conservative government will be relying on the Democratic Unionist Party in order to govern.

Hey EZ, love this bit from the media - Australia’s election guru Lynton Crosby has been blamed for the Conservative Party’s disastrous performance.

No doubt Labour NZ take heart from the UK election?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey EZ, love this bit from the media - Australia’s election guru Lynton Crosby has been blamed for the Conservative Party’s disastrous performance.

They need to transform Little into more of a Jeremy Corbyn/Bernie Sanders type of character

Legend

Yes, good to see that Crosby-Textor don't always provide the best advice. That youth vote is generally missing in NZ, looks very leftie in the UK, so we need to get them voting here. I would think the youth of today know about global warming, and can see that in a future of limited resources, a winner-takes-all approach won't be good for the majority. The younger vote rate was 74% in the UK, much higher than generally seen here.

Dilettante

Winner I saw that too, but the article I read said Sir Lynton Crosby, Felt like I knew him from EZ's frequent mentioning of him :-)
    Last edited by iceman; 10-06-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Yes, good to see that Crosby-Textor don't always provide the best advice. That youth vote is generally missing in NZ, looks very leftie in the UK, so we need to get them voting here. I would think the youth of today know about global warming, and can see that in a future of limited resources, a winner-takes-all approach won't be good for the majority. The younger vote rate was 74% in the UK, much higher than generally seen here.
    EZ - ues big increase in turnout if under 35s .......but maybe as both Labour and National seem neither left or right (economically or culturally) the under 25s won't turn out in any greater numbers than before.

Here's an interesting article on how Labour UK (successfully) used social media to engage with the younger ones (which no doubt helped their cause)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...me-of-the-best

But I can't see Little fitting the mould of Absolute Boy or coming out and saying 'yes, I collect manhole covers'
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”