sharetrader
Page 867 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3677678178578638648658668678688698708718779179671367 ... LastLast
Results 8,661 to 8,670 of 16077

Poor old Daytr.

Totally out of touch.

Well 53% of the voters say he is out of touch.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    To: John Key
    Dear John
    As per our discussion it is imperative at this point in your political career to undertake the following.

1. Don't appear too welcoming of any more immigrants, the poor and huddled masses are someone elses problem.

2. the exception to the above are high net worth immigrants who want a passport, a nice house in Howick, and don't mind writing the odd large cheque to the National Party

3. Photo ops: remember its RWC time again, make sure you take every opportunity to be seen with Ritchie, push your way to the front, use the DP Squad officers if necessary. Pretend you have an interest in Rugby, although avoid any detailed questioning about strategy, players etc otherwise your cover will be blown.

4. avoid, at all costs being filmed hammering anything in, that episode in Northland was REALLY embarrassing.

5.order a pizza, and open the door yourself when it arrives when One News is there.

6. don't forget EVER to send Mike Hosking a birthday card, presents etc.

7. PONYTAILS! need we say more?

PS. we have sounded out, discreetly of course, about getting another invitation to Balmoral. Nothing to report at this stage. Regarding your plan/desire for a Knighthood in 2018, all good.
    To: Mark Textor

Dear Mark,

I'm hoping you can spare a day or two over here soon, to fight some fires in the media. There don't seem to be any cartoonists or believable political journalists on our side any more, what can we do about that? Your hourly rate of x thousand dollars an hour for a small team of helpers will be fine, we could do some more focus groups, and you could tell us what the voters want to hear.

I am also looking for a good line to use about the recession that's bearing down on us - you know, the one we'll never admit to until it's well developed. Occasionally I get a bit high-pitched and nervous when I'm talking live about the great and robust economy we have now, do you think anyone is noticing that, do you have a pitch-shifting device or other tactic?

Remember it was your idea (or was it Bill's?) that we would build election promises on us having a faster move into a budget surplus under National. The bloody public don't seem to have forgotten that Labour ran strong fiscal surpluses, and paid down old debt, while we have done the exact opposite. This is starting to wear thin, and frankly there aren't too many crown assets left to sell that would provide the funds we need, or are under the radar enough. Your advice please.

Nothing else to report, I'm still getting paid, we're all getting paid for doing stuff all, the polls are still on our side, it's just we want them to stay that way, come 2017. That's your job, Mark.

Warmest regards, John.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by elZorro; 02-09-2015 at 08:34 PM.

Haha MVT, I've never been one to follow the crowd, so no need for your concern.
    Save it for the country, as it needs it, with where ShonKEY is leading us.

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Poor old Daytr.

Totally out of touch.

Well 53% of the voters say he is out of touch.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Here's a bit of thinking about conservatives, related to the Abbott govt in Aussie.

https://newmatilda.com/2014/10/26/wh...ott-government

Conservatives tend to resist change, and to be keen on more inequality rather than less. It's dressed up of course - we can't all be well off, some do better than others, some work harder, etc. There are a lot of pointers here to the similar behaviours of the John Key govt. Are they all psychopaths? Or just more fearful than most of the population? Interesting.

Mark Textor was the principal strategist for Abbott in 2010, and he has worked for many Liberal teams in various states. 'We will stop the boats..' huh? Does this explain John Key's aversion to more refugees? Helen Clark has the opposite viewpoint in her recent speech here, she sees the benefits for NZ, she's not fearful.

Legend

A Waikato Times editorial (possibly generated in Wellington) is rather scathing of John Key this morning.

http://www.pressreader.com/new-zeala...26579/TextView

By comparison with this weak attitude, Helen Clark's speech at AUT in late August received a massive applause.

http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/...elopment-.html
    Last edited by elZorro; 02-09-2015 at 07:26 AM.

Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

"Mark Textor was the principal strategist for Abbott in 2010, and he has worked for many Liberal teams in various states. 'We will stop the boats..' huh? Does this explain John Key's aversion to more refugees? Helen Clark has the opposite viewpoint in her recent speech here, she sees the benefits for NZ, she's not fearful.
    Conservatives tend to resist change, and to be keen on more inequality rather than less. It's dressed up of course - we can't all be well off, some do better than others, some work harder, etc. There are a lot of pointers here to the similar behaviours of the John Key govt. Are they all psychopaths? Or just more fearful than most of the population? Interesting.

Mark Textor was the principal strategist for Abbott in 2010, and he has worked for many Liberal teams in various states. 'We will stop the boats..' huh? Does this explain John Key's aversion to more refugees? Helen Clark has the opposite viewpoint in her recent speech here, she sees the benefits for NZ, she's not fearful.
    "

She's not here.

Maybe she should be.
    If Clark stood again against Key, I think she would hose in.

Quote Originally Posted by Toulouse - Luzern View Post
    "

She's not here.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Flag.jpg

From Pam Corkery, classic.
    Last edited by Daytr; 02-09-2015 at 10:14 AM.

I'm looking forward to Corbyn becoming leader of the UK Labour Party, can't be long now. Several leading Labour MPs have already refused to serve in his shadow cabinet. There'll be a trail of blood dripping from his back as he walks the corridors of Westminster :-)

How about Trump being the leading candidate for the right in the States MVT.
    Now that's embarrassing ! Almost as embarrassing as the Republican's last president.