sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Well he probably won't go near any swimmable waterways, because they're not exactly 100% swimmable. John Key's abdicated, housing policies are a mess, we're just scraping into a surplus but the govt has to borrow to pay the interest, and Nick Smith is making the usual hash of anything he has a go at. I don't think National supporters can afford to poke fun at the opposition.

Guess who's taking the Mt Albert seat tomorrow? If National is so powerful, why aren't they even trying to compete there? Because they would have been thrashed.
    What a silly thing to say. Obviously Aderne will win, meaning the Mr Albert residents will lose. Why would National waste resources!

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Well he probably won't go near any swimmable waterways, because they're not exactly 100% swimmable. John Key's abdicated, housing policies are a mess, we're just scraping into a surplus but the govt has to borrow to pay the interest, and Nick Smith is making the usual hash of anything he has a go at. I don't think National supporters can afford to poke fun at the opposition.

Guess who's taking the Mt Albert seat tomorrow? If National is so powerful, why aren't they even trying to compete there? Because they would have been thrashed.
    I think National supporters can well afford to poke fun at the opposition - just as I think Labour supporters can well afford to poke fun at the government.

And whilst the Green's sense of humour is a debatable proposition, they're equally welcome to brandish the odd witticism here and there should they feel the need.

But please - can we move on from the insecurity of over-dramatizing a Labour win in a safe Labour seat.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    I think National supporters can well afford to poke fun at the opposition - just as I think Labour supporters can well afford to poke fun at the government.

And whilst the Green's sense of humour is a debatable proposition, they're equally welcome to brandish the odd witticism here and there should they feel the need.

But please - can we move on from the insecurity of over-dramatizing a Labour win in a safe Labour seat.
    Sure, there's plenty to work with this week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post

No. If you do not want to read the posts, then don't. But please don't deprive those who are doing God's work, the enjoyment of winding up the paranoid eZ to the point of combustion.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    No. If you do not want to read the posts, then don't. But please don't deprive those who are doing God's work, the enjoyment of winding up the paranoid eZ to the point of combustion.
    I have a feeling that today will be a good day, and anyway I'm well aware you guys often just wind up the lefties like me, for a bit of amusement. But you have to admit, we often have the facts on our side, and the truth is that your old mate John Key wouldn't have been able to have his face plastered on all the election hoardings for National in 2017. He'd started to collect too much baggage. Way too much.

Now we all have to suffer through Bill English reading out his speech notes in that dull manner, it'll be interesting to see his handling of the quickfire questions he's going to get from the media, leading up to the elections.

I suspect National will continue to bluff their way through this water quality issue, one which we all know is heavily affected by widespread point source pollution from dairy herds in particular.

As NIWA (National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research) says: “Pastoral farming—which accounts for 40 percent of New Zealand’s land area—is undoubtedly the main source of diffuse pollution…. Streams in dairy land are among the most polluted.”
    from SAFE website.

They'll need to do better than that, as the Left (Labour-Greens) are going to bring this through as a protest of some sort, maybe like the one W69 is always asking for (or are you just bored, W69?).
    Last edited by elZorro; 25-02-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Legend

I have a feeling that today will be a good day, and anyway I'm well aware you guys often just wind up the lefties like me, for a bit of amusement. But you have to admit, we often have the facts on our side, and the truth is that your old mate John Key wouldn't have been able to have his face plastered on all the election hoardings for National in 2017. He'd started to collect too much baggage. Way too much.

Now we all have to suffer through Bill English reading out his speech notes in that dull manner, it'll be interesting to see his handling of the quickfire questions he's going to get from the media, leading up to the elections.
    Don't overlook the fact that English has only one MP who outperforms him in the house. Labour or the Greens don't have anyone who can upstage him.

Advanced Member

Best portrait of Helen Clarke that I've seen in years.
    Sure, there's plenty to work with this week.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Oh, fungus!

You surely don't mean that. Where's your compassion? Spontaneous human combustion is surely too great a penalty for idealism - or for mere disagreement.

Spare a thought for the emergency services who would have to attend the incident, and to clean up afterwards.

Advanced Member

But again, this is a clear loss of manufacturing jobs. We didn't hear the govt come up with any ideas to encourage new manufacturers into Dunedin, they are hands off on that, which probably suits them, since they are bereft of good policies across the board.
    Dunedin has a healthy tech and biotech sector. Some are global already - eg BLT, PEB. Applications can be made for Callaghan grants. Given Dunedin's location, large scale manufacturing is not likely to be top of many investment lists. But the local politicians will be highly supportive, so no reason they can't give it a go if they can make the numbers work.

There were 45,800 registered voter - Jacinda got ~22% of the total possible vote. Seems about normal for Labour

The Did not Votes 'polled' ~70%

So most Labour people turned out to support Jacinda - but it appears as if hey couldn't convert any of the Did not Vote people - ominous sign for them as they say they need to capture a lot of those people

And worse still minutes after the result came through I got a email from Andrew saying what a huge win and Labour really on a roll .......so please please click the button below to donate ...ha ha
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”