sharetrader
Page 949 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 44984989993994594694794894995095195295395999910491449 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,490 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Good article by Martin von Beynen re TPPA in today's paper (Press/Dom).
    This seems to be the one The Major means. Found it in Christchurch press.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...-from-the-tppa
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 06-02-2016 at 02:12 PM.

I fail to see what is good about the article. "trust the experts" ! That's great journalism there.
    And the group he names that are anti is reason enough to think it must be a good deal.
    Another Pulitzer there. Apparently the ABs are fantastic when they are in their jocks in the changing room exchanging dodgy handshakes with Key.
    But how dare some of them have an opinion that doesn't fit with Key's fantasy.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

As someone that has been to the Waitangi celebrations in recent years, don't always believe what the media beefs up.
    Its actually a very cool day to witness.
    This year obviously its a bit more contentious than some others due to the TPPA signing.
    Honestly what was Key thinking, timing the signing at the same time as Waitangi? Oh yeah he wasn't, it as about his ego again & making a big splash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Listening to some of the protestors one has the feeling that many would not be able to explain what the letters TPPA actually stand for, or am I being unkind? personally I , and many others are rather tired of the annual tedious bitching session that Waitangi Day has evolved into. Just my opinion.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    As someone that has been to the Waitangi celebrations in recent years, don't always believe what the media beefs up.
    Its actually a very cool day to witness.
    This year obviously its a bit more contentious than some others due to the TPPA signing.
    Honestly what was Key thinking, timing the signing at the same time as Waitangi? Oh yeah he wasn't, it as about his ego again & making a big splash.
    It would have made no difference whatever day of the year the TPPA was signed. That ignorant bunch of rif-raf would have found something to stir about. They never fail.

Who are you exactly calling ignorant & rif-raf?

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    It would have made no difference whatever day of the year the TPPA was signed. That ignorant bunch of rif-raf would have found something to stir about. They never fail.

Legend

Who are you exactly calling ignorant & rif-raf?
    I'm sorry, but I don't know the names of the rif-raf, but for a start the fellow on TV who had a tattoo where his face used to be, threatening the P.M.

It came across as a racist generalization FP.
    Have you ever been to Waitangi on the day?

Legend

No. Haven't been on Waitangi day. Not interested in going. Not sure what was racist. If you are referring to my mention of tattooed faces, then that identifies some as Maoris, but to mention tattoos is hardly racist.

Dilettante

Each to their own. I can not understand how FP's comment could be taken as racist. He was referring to the protesters in general

Nope, it was more your generalist mention of ignorant rif-raf. And yes the comment about the traditional facial tattoo or moko. "where his face used to be" Many pacific islanders tattoo their waste, buttocks & legs, Māori tattooed their face.
    I think we are seeing an insight into the real FP.

Living in Northland you get to mix with Māori a lot and get to understand what a generous & beautiful culture they have.