sharetrader
    Advanced Member

So the new leftwing policy of the All Blacks will be to share tries more evenly with their opposition? -to have more consideration for the underdog? and maybe the Warriors will expect the Australians to take their boot off the neck of the NZ players now and then? I am a pensioner -in the last week I bought and sold a block of shares and made $800. Am I supposed to be concerned about the person who "lost" the money?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    So the new leftwing policy of the All Blacks will be to share tries more evenly with their opposition? -to have more consideration for the underdog? and maybe the Warriors will expect the Australians to take their boot off the neck of the NZ players now and then? I am a pensioner -in the last week I bought and sold a block of shares and made $800. Am I supposed to be concerned about the person who "lost" the money?
    Yes. It may have been me!

You need to harden up Craic and FP. Remember how Little dealt to that Labour guy who stood as an Independent? Called him a Fascist and cast him into outer darkness! Or you could be exiled to Auckland like Matt McCarten :-)
    Whatever happened to Laila Harre? Disappeared without trace. The Left are ruthless, totally ruthless....

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    You need to harden up Craic and FP. Remember how Little dealt to that Labour guy who stood as an Independent? Called him a Fascist and cast him into outer darkness! Or you could be exiled to Auckland like Matt McCarten :-)
    Whatever happened to Laila Harre? Disappeared without trace. The Left are ruthless, totally ruthless....
    Richard Worth, Pansy Wong, Phil Heatly, Nick Smith, Aron Gilmore, Maurice Williamson, and Mike Sabin, all National MP’s who have “ resigned ” for various misdemeanours. One or two have even been allowed back, suitably apologetic.
    The right seem to trip up more.

westerly

Nothing wrong with excelling on a level playing field, however that's the problem the playing field under this government isn't level, especially when looking at the property market. Its now unaffordable for many and particularly those starting out. When you have employed homeless people something is very wrong. The environment they just don't give a damn about.

Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Advanced Member

Not one of those "unfortunate" people started out with less than I did. I arrived here with nothing but the shirt on my back - not even a permit to be here. I starved for the first week or more before I could afford food. Maybe many of those "unfortunates" you talk about will learn, as I did, to survive and prosper as I did. It took me seven years before I could buy my own house. I turn eighty next year but I'm still running three chainsaws and several axes and I have no plans to stop.

Not one of those "unfortunate" people started out with less than I did. I arrived here with nothing but the shirt on my back - not even a permit to be here. I starved for the first week or more before I could afford food. Maybe many of those "unfortunates" you talk about will learn, as I did, to survive and prosper as I did. It took me seven years before I could buy my own house. I turn eighty next year but I'm still running three chainsaws and several axes and I have no plans to stop.
    I arrived here and I did not even have a shirt. Your neighbours must be annoyed with 3 saws running?

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    I arrived here and I did not even have a shirt. Your neighbours must be annoyed with 3 saws running?

westerly
    Not as annoyed as yours, with you running around naked!!

Veteran novice

This thread is starting to read like an episode from Monty Python's Flying Circus!

Didn't we all used to live in cardboard boxes?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    This thread is starting to read like an episode from Monty Python's Flying Circus!

Didn't we all used to live in cardboard boxes?

Not me. Our lot were raised in a shoe.