sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    Luxury! In my day.....................
    You really have to read that with an accent.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Not as annoyed as yours, with you running around naked!!
    Not a pretty sight. But Health and Safety insisted we turn off the chainsaws.

westerly

Stop quoting me this Labour/Greens claptrap.

I'm not a Greens supporter (nor, obviously a Labour supporter) but I do want to know when the Greens pass Labour relegating them to a minor party. Just send me a telegram when that happens so I can throw a God Almighty party for all my friends, relatives, neighbours.....

Advanced Member

One at a time,Westerly, one at a time, and there is no neighbour in sight, just lots of Kanuka and blackberry, hills and trees. And sometimes a signal to my wife that I'm still alive.(This was meant to be posted before I went out to lunch and a movie - Dough - without a chainsaw.

Meanwhile back in a fully clothed reality, NZ housing affordability tops the IMFs unaffordability list.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mone...rdability-list

Another thing that is up is crime, again the government is reactive rather than proactive.
    Has anyone noticed the amount of serious crimes involving guns lately?
    Seems like an almost daily event!
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

A webcast from Mike Joy, Massey University, about the Havelock North aquifer contamination. Interesting background.

http://webcast.massey.ac.nz/Mediasit...5faab8ee49e11d

Advanced Member

Why do you always have to spoil the fun by dragging politics into everything? I drink rainwater and its very hard to get cow dung into the tank. Every time get a cattle beast up on the roof it falls off and then craps.
    Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    A webcast from Mike Joy, Massey University, about the Havelock North aquifer contamination. Interesting background.

http://webcast.massey.ac.nz/Mediasit...5faab8ee49e11d

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Stop quoting me this Labour/Greens claptrap.

I'm not a Greens supporter (nor, obviously a Labour supporter) but I do want to know when the Greens pass Labour relegating them to a minor party. Just send me a telegram when that happens so I can throw a God Almighty party for all my friends, relatives, neighbours.....
    It won't happen until after the next election. But I think Winston first will beat them both to become the main opposition party.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Why do you always have to spoil the fun by dragging politics into everything? I drink rainwater and its very hard to get cow dung into the tank. Every time get a cattle beast up on the roof it falls off and then craps.
    I'll nominate that for best contribution to this thread in 2016! Beats all the others' attempts to explain the political environment!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    A few years ago I used to frequently stay in a tramping hut where the possums made a game of jumping on the roof and sliding into the water tank. Quite a few drowned. The water tasted fine - until we worked out what was happening. Don't recall cows on the roof though.