sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by neopoleII View Post
    mr little could always jump on a horse with no shirt on .....
    I'll never be able to unsee that picture.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Key and co, trying to dig a sod for the symbolic start of the new undersea comms cable. Note the blue spades and ribbons. It's a National Party PR stint. Except they really do look like a bunch of muppets.

https://twitter.com/TheNBR/status/801274579603685377
    Come on - any politician with a spade looks a muppet.

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    Come on - any politician with a spade looks a muppet.
    It is very unfair comparing John Key trying to dig a hole to the muppets.... unfair to the muppets that is.

Another 'bogus poll' out

Colmar Brunton - Nats 50% Labour 28% Greens 11%

Next election a non-event sadly
    Last edited by winner69; 27-11-2016 at 07:04 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Another 'bogus poll' out

Colmar Brunton - Nats 50% Labour 28% Greens 11%

Next election a non-event sadly
    W69, I've had a look through the latest poll, and watched John Key on TV taking the 50% party vote and writing down the effect of his lowered 'preferred PM' data. This poll straddled a big earthquake that many of us felt, so you'd expect some support for the current govt. Again, Colmar Brunton referred to new methods of communication that many use (i.e. cellphones) but then only polled people who had a landline.

Given all this, it's surprising the disengagement of the 1,000 eligible voters they eventually talked to. The party vote figures were for only about 800 of the 1,000 - the rest were unlikely to vote. But it looks like all 1,000 gave their opinion of sorts on the preferred PM. 34% of them suggested no-one, another 3% suggested someone not on the list at all, presumably the first person that popped into their head. Looking at John Key's preferred PM rating on a time scale, it peaked long ago and has a distinct downward trend, although it's levelling out.

The Labour-Green group have to mobilise this large tranche of non-voters, people who are hard to contact, but whom presumably watch TV. Imagine the money that will require. That's why being in power is a strong position, and National are taking plenty of Labour-looking initiatives like equal pay changes (around the fringes), to try and keep everyone on board.

But I think offering out small tax cuts at this stage, after they've plundered the Crown's book situation, and will need to do so again, is absurd.

Legend

W69, I've had a look through the latest poll, and watched John Key on TV taking the 50% party vote and writing down the effect of his lowered 'preferred PM' data. This poll straddled a big earthquake that many of us felt, so you'd expect some support for the current govt. Again, Colmar Brunton referred to new methods of communication that many use (i.e. cellphones) but then only polled people who had a landline.

Given all this, it's surprising the disengagement of the 1,000 eligible voters they eventually talked to. The party vote figures were for only about 800 of the 1,000 - the rest were unlikely to vote. But it looks like all 1,000 gave their opinion of sorts on the preferred PM. 34% of them suggested no-one, another 3% suggested someone not on the list at all, presumably the first person that popped into their head. Looking at John Key's preferred PM rating on a time scale, it peaked long ago and has a distinct downward trend, although it's levelling out.

The Labour-Green group have to mobilise this large tranche of non-voters, people who are hard to contact, but whom presumably watch TV. Imagine the money that will require. That's why being in power is a strong position, and National are taking plenty of Labour-looking initiatives like equal pay changes (around the fringes), to try and keep everyone on board.

But I think offering out small tax cuts at this stage, after they've plundered the Crown's book situation, and will need to do so again, is absurd.

Translation: I don't like this poll - so I don't believe it.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Translation: I don't like this poll - so I don't believe it.
    FP, if that's what you got out of what I wrote, I think you missed a few points. Here's the poll data so you can double-check.

http://www.colmarbrunton.co.nz/wp-co...2-13-21-23.pdf

Legend

FP, if that's what you got out of what I wrote, I think you missed a few points. Here's the poll data so you can double-check.

http://www.colmarbrunton.co.nz/wp-co...2-13-21-23.pdf
    I'm sure I will have missed a few points in your post. I didn't read it.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I'm sure I will have missed a few points in your post. I didn't read it.
    At least you're honest. But I thought the whole point of a political forum is to rebut other contributor's points of view, if you don't like their "uninformed" opinions.