sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    David Farrar in twitterland -

@dpfdpf: Wow Labour 23% in Roy Morgan poll. If they drop 1% more then they get no List MPs and Andrew Luttle doesn't make it back to Parliament
    That is actually a serious problem Labour has at the moment. See them do a few deals with the Greens or other parties (National maybe) where they do not contest certain electorates (Hutt South) so that they do get a few needed list MP's into parliament.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That is actually a serious problem Labour has at the moment. See them do a few deals with the Greens or other parties (National maybe) where they do not contest certain electorates (Hutt South) so that they do get a few needed list MP's into parliament.
    It's not the electorate vote that gives them list members.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    It's not the electorate vote that gives them list members.
    What I meant was that they give up on contesting certain electorates.... so they get less electorate MP's in thus allowing them to have more list MP's. Hope that makes sense.

Legend

What I meant was that they give up on contesting certain electorates.... so they get less electorate MP's in thus allowing them to have more list MP's. Hope that makes sense.
    That would be an admission that they can't attract quality candidates to stand in electorates.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    That would be an admission that they can't attract quality candidates to stand in electorates.
    I was thinking more along the lines of making sure that Little, Ardern and Parker got back into Parliament...

Legend

I was thinking more along the lines of making sure that Little, Ardern and Parker got back into Parliament...
    Yes. I see what you mean. Interesting that Little seems to have driven Nick Leggett away from Labour; although he always struck me as being a bit too bright to fit in with them. Good luck to him in National. He'll do well.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 01-12-2016 at 08:53 AM. Reason: correct typo

Some might say better (long term) if they lost heir jobs
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    David Farrar in twitterland -

@dpfdpf: Wow Labour 23% in Roy Morgan poll. If they drop 1% more then they get no List MPs and Andrew Luttle doesn't make it back to Parliament
    Two polls the same week. Colmar has Labour28%, Morgan has Labour 23%

Go figure, Key and his buddies more exposed on tv? No one reads newspapers these days.

Chris Trotter had an interesting article in the Press re the lack of opposition to the implementation of the rights policies.
    FP won,t read it though.

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Two polls the same week. Colmar has Labour28%, Morgan has Labour 23%
    Chris Trotter had an interesting article in the Press re the lack of opposition to the implementation of the rights policies.
    FP won,t read it though.

westerly
    You might be wrong about that. Trotter has become far more sensible in the last few years. There was certainly a time where reading any of his articles was pointless.

Veteran novice

And here I was, after all these years of MMP, thinking that it was possible to stand as an electorate MP, get defeated, and still get back into parliament provided one was high enough up on the party list.