sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

In the light of day, John Key did break the contract with voters, mostly for his own benefit.

EZ - you are accusing John Key of breaking a contract. Could you just clarify what contract (and which clause) you are talking about?

I am not aware of a contract saying that any candidate for public office is required to sit the job out to the glorious end. Whats more - if any such contract would exists, than I am wondering how the Labour party (who asks government politicians regularly to resign) could ask government officials to break a contract (your words). Is Labour regularly inciting contract breaches?

Obviously - you know exactly that John Key is just doing what every politician is entitled to. You are just envious that he is leaving on a High, while any Labour Leader I can remember left so far on a Low.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Oh I see. Its all fun and jolly as long as National is engaging in this.I am not so sure those National MPs thought it was so funny being threatened with non selection.
    What sheer nonsense. It's pure guesswork on your behalf, and although it's probable that some appointments may have been discussed or offered, that would be perfectly normal in negotiations, and hardly amounts to 'threatening MPs'. You're being silly.

Legend

For your edification, FP, the small typos we picked up on were canon when you meant cannon, and liming when you meant timing. Only amusing because you were correcting us on our mistakes...cheers.
    Thanks for pointing that out. You are quite right with canon. Not sure what got into me there. But I cannot find any instance where I typed 'liming' for 'timing'.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    What sheer nonsense. It's pure guesswork on your behalf, and although it's probable that some appointments may have been discussed or offered, that would be perfectly normal in negotiations, and hardly amounts to 'threatening MPs'. You're being silly.
    No
    Go and read the Whaleoil article.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    No
    Go and read the Whaleoil article.
    No thanks. I'm not interested in anything that porcine ignoramous says or writes. Judge Bennett after some time in the role. I think she'll be extremely popular.

Legend

No thanks. I'm not interested in anything that porcine ignoramous says or writes. Judge Bennett after some time in the role. I think she'll be extremely popular.
    That 'porcine ignoramus' has the inside gen on what's happening sometimes. I suppose you used the same excuse to not read "Dirty Politics". Even though it was written by a skilled and honest writer. Judge Bennett?? Surely we should reserve such positions for people who have some real intellect? This is going to be highly amusing.

By the way, your liming mistake was here:

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...l=1#post647148

I'm very disturbed to find that the letter "l" is quite some distance on the qwerty keyboard from "t". If you are a two-finger typist like me, you have a problem.

Legend

That 'porcine ignoramus' has the inside gen on what's happening sometimes. I suppose you used the same excuse to not read "Dirty Politics". Even though it was written by a skilled and honest writer. Judge Bennett?? Surely we should reserve such positions for people who have some real intellect? This is going to be highly amusing.

By the way, your liming mistake was here:

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...l=1#post647148

I'm very disturbed to find that the letter "l" is quite some distance on the qwerty keyboard from "t". If you are a two-finger typist like me, you have a problem.
    Judge Bennett was a suggestion, not a title. I admit to some difficulty with keyboard on my ohone. Possibly why I put I instead of t. Also they can 'correct' themselves all wrong.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 10-12-2016 at 08:39 PM.

Legend

Judge Bennett was a suggestion, not an title. I admit to some difficulty with keyboard on my ohone. Possibly why I put I instead of t. Also they can 'correct' themselves all wrong.
    Can I humbly suggest that in view of your probable age, eyesight restrictions and other factors, you should do as I do, and eschew mobile phones for anything other than emergency phone calls and occasional texts? Send us a picture of your ohone. It must be a new brand.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Audrey Young is generally fairly keen on helping along National's chances, she did it just before the 2014 election , in the Herald. She does start the recent article by saying that John Key had no vision and no legacy, but did well anyway. Somewhere in there she implied that John Key had a high EQ. Then why did he hound a café worker until she went public out of desperation? Surely those two things are mutually exclusive? Who to believe, huh?

Legend

Can I humbly suggest that in view of your probable age, eyesight restrictions and other factors, you should do as I do, and eschew mobile phones for anything other than emergency phone calls and occasional texts? Send us a picture of your ohone. It must be a new brand.
    No point in paying stupid money for a smart phone and not pretending you need it - hence it's a requirement to destroy what is remaining of the eyesight 'gritting your money's worth'. Original reply was from my phone, which explains ohone for phone.