sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Are you sure about the "cabinet rules" bit? Maybe you meant the Parliamentary Service ministerial employment contracts and entitlements?
    That's probably it. It's covered in whatever applies, which certainly isn't cabinet rules.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    What say you to this ElZorro? Taken from the oil blogger site..... (im not implying National do not do "dirty politics", I think politics is dirty for all)

A poster "brett68" on Kiwiblog dug out the following info:

"Who’s running the Stand with Pike campaign?
    http://standwithpike.nz/
    Out of curiosity, I did a whois look up on it.
    registrant_contact_name: Piko Consulting Ltd
    admin_contact_name: Nevada Halbert

Piko consulting seems to be a PR company based out of Wellington who
    according to google is owned by a chap called Rob Egan who according to
    the bio on Boots theory

https://bootstheory.wordpress....

(cached version)

Rob Egan is an ex-senior advisor to two Labour Party leaders and co-owner of public relations firm Piko Consulting.
    Nevada Halbert according to a post on Whale oil put her name forward for the Labour seat of Tukituki" ........"

Appears that Labour like their dirty politics.
    Another way of looking at it, is that Labour people and many others with genuine concerns about the Pike River process, are fronting up however they can. Even Winston is getting in on the act, that's a bit too opportunistic perhaps. But at least they're all trying to bring the govt and Solid Energy to a point where something is done. It is an embarrassing situation for the govt, Pike River exploded during their tenure, at a time when there were only about two mines inspection officers for the whole country. What was the message from that?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Another way of looking at it, is that Labour people and many others with genuine concerns about the Pike River process, are fronting up however they can. Even Winston is getting in on the act, that's a bit too opportunistic perhaps. But at least they're all trying to bring the govt and Solid Energy to a point where something is done. It is an embarrassing situation for the govt, Pike River exploded during their tenure, at a time when there were only about two mines inspection officers for the whole country. What was the message from that?
    EZ it is hardly up to Government ministers nor Parliament to make a decision to go into the mine is it ? What would happen if investigations found that a simple silly and careless mistake by a miner caused the explosion (I am not suggesting it but it is one of several possibilities)? Who would want to have it on their conscience to send people in there should things turn pear shaped ? This discussion has turned totally stupid and to turn it into a political stunt like Winston Peters and Andrew Little have done is shameful.
    Adding more poisonous gases coming from WP's mouth is hardly the solution

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    EZ it is hardly up to Government ministers nor Parliament to make a decision to go into the mine is it ? What would happen if investigations found that a simple silly and careless mistake by a miner caused the explosion (I am not suggesting it but it is one of several possibilities)? Who would want to have it on their conscience to send people in there should things turn pear shaped ? This discussion has turned totally stupid and to turn it into a political stunt like Winston Peters and Andrew Little have done is shameful.
    Adding more poisonous gases coming from WP's mouth is hardly the solution
    You overlook the fact that this whole matter gives eZ a chance to throw mud at National. It would be easier to discuss the subject with your dog or goldfish.
    You could perhaps remind him that Labour cut the number of mine inspectors to two, or that if they had to make the decision to re-enter the mine they would come to the same conclusion. That is it is high risk. That might shut him up. This should not be a political matter. Hear that Winston? Thought not.
    it's what mining experts conclude that should apply.

Little seems to think he is guaranteed winning the next election without even raising his little finger. Letter in The Press today "

"Helen Clark will soon be unemployed and may be headed this way, looking to regain her old job. I hear it's still open."

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Little seems to think he is guaranteed winning the next election without even raising his little finger. Letter in The Press today "

"Helen Clark will soon be unemployed and may be headed this way, looking to regain her old job. I hear it's still open."
    That would be the only thing that could boost Labour's chances, and it won't happen. They're stuck with their Little problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    That would be the only thing that could boost Labour's chances, and it won't happen. They're stuck with their Little problem.
    If the frequency of your posts is any indication, one would have to think you are a Little worried about the outcome of the next election

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    If the frequency of your posts is any indication, one would have to think you are a Little worried about the outcome of the next election

westerly
    Why would I worry? It's a foregone conclusion, and even if it wasn't I sure as eggs wouldn't worry.

Guru

Keep them rattled FP. I enjoy your posts.

Legend

Yes, keep it up FP, you're definitely voting National, huh?

I hear Craig Foss has been the latest National MP to be tapped on the shoulder, and not in a good way?

http://www.newshub.co.nz/politics/cr...ion-2016121413

Guess we were right about Jacinda Ardern, she's applying for Mt Albert. Well done.

An interesting interlude in the closing of parliament today, where the Maori party showed extraordinary musical talents. Some in the National front benches looked, by comparison, to be beached like right whales.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...g-with-a-twist

They're not required back in parliament until 7th Feb. Sounds like a good job, from the outside.

Here's a bit about the USA election aftermath. Guess we're not that bad.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/best-of-po...ectid=11745523
    Last edited by elZorro; 14-12-2016 at 09:18 PM.