sharetrader
    Advanced Member

The Richmond seller was able to lower his price because the person he was buying from lowered his price. The amounts are irrelevant because none of the links in that chain are likely to go hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    The Richmond seller was able to lower his price because the person he was buying from lowered his price. The amounts are irrelevant because none of the links in that chain are likely to go hungry.
    You find me confused. How is any of this related to National winning?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    From bottom to top of the chain, do you know their individual circumstances?

Advanced Member

They live and work in London and are buying houses in the million pound plus range - What more do you need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You find me confused. How is any of this related to National winning?
    I may have missed something but I am also wondering about the relevance of a chain to to National winning ? Is Richmond in ChCh ? House prices have certainly increased.

westerly

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    I may have missed something but I am also wondering about the relevance of a chain to to National winning ? Is Richmond in ChCh ? House prices have certainly increased.

westerly
    The relevance of the sale of a house in London to National winning....maybe only if indicates Kiwis selling up in a falling house market in a stagnant London post-Brexit economy to return to NZ...to boost the chance of National electoral success? Tenuous relevance - I am sorry for perpetuating the tangent..

Legend

I couldn't help but notice the National Party appears to have been dragged into the Sir Peter Leitch affair. Michelle Boag offered her media skills to front the camera, and proceeded to inflame the situation. Sir Peter thinks the world of John Key, apparently.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11776797

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I couldn't help but notice the National Party appears to have been dragged into the Sir Peter Leitch affair. Michelle Boag offered her media skills to front the camera, and proceeded to inflame the situation. Sir Peter thinks the world of John Key, apparently.
    Yes. Most people do.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Yes. Most people do.
    As reported in the NZH, Nikki Kaye appreciated his support after her cancer diagnosis.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    As reported in the NZH, Nikki Kaye appreciated his support after her cancer diagnosis.
    I'm not saying John Key is completely immoral or without empathy. He is part geek, part successful senior employee, and more of a politician than he is a statesman.

I think some valid points have been made about John Key's timing of his abdication. He will be more aware than most, if there is a property price crash coming soon. If that is true, it suggests that we'll start clearly noticing it, before the middle of 2017.

My point was that there seems to be some kind of a link between people who appear to think along the lines of Sir Peter Leitch, and the National Party. Why else would one of their senior spokespersons wade into the fray, unless she is acting as a private person, and not as a representative of the National Party? It's so hard to tell whether she's wearing that hat or not, isn't it?