sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I'm not saying John Key is completely immoral or without empathy. He is part geek, part successful senior employee, and more of a politician than he is a statesman.

I think some valid points have been made about John Key's timing of his abdication. He will be more aware than most, if there is a property price crash coming soon. If that is true, it suggests that we'll start clearly noticing it, before the middle of 2017.

My point was that there seems to be some kind of a link between people who appear to think along the lines of Sir Peter Leitch, and the National Party. Why else would one of their senior spokespersons wade into the fray, unless she is acting as a private person, and not as a representative of the National Party? It's so hard to tell whether she's wearing that hat or not, isn't it?
    Happy new Year EZ! And this leads me to my point ... you realise that John Key is so 2016 - don't you?

If Labour wants to get at least some attention with the electorate this year, than they better focus on the future instead of whinging about the people who did beat them in the past ...

I wish all of us that New Zealand will move this year from a country with only one sort of electable party (well, there is ACT as well) without real alternative to a country with a great government as well as with a great, positive and constructive opposition. Lots of work to do for the Left - look into the future and for a start - stop whinging about your (Labours) sad past!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

I'm not saying John Key is completely immoral or without empathy. He is part geek, part successful senior employee, and more of a politician than he is a statesman.

I think some valid points have been made about John Key's timing of his abdication. He will be more aware than most, if there is a property price crash coming soon. If that is true, it suggests that we'll start clearly noticing it, before the middle of 2017.

My point was that there seems to be some kind of a link between people who appear to think along the lines of Sir Peter Leitch, and the National Party. Why else would one of their senior spokespersons wade into the fray, unless she is acting as a private person, and not as a representative of the National Party? It's so hard to tell whether she's wearing that hat or not, isn't it?
    You do worry about the strangest of things eZ, so I'll try and help you out.
    Michelle Boag was under strict instructions from the National party to describe this woman as coffee coloured. Just as Leitch was personally told by John Key, Bill English and of course Crombie Texter, to tell everyone that Waiheke was a white man's island. The definite link between Peter Leitch and the National party is quite clear. The attendees at a National party fund raiser were once seen eating sausages which may have come from the mad butcher himself. This requires further investigation. Perhaps Nicky Hagar could get right on to it. As far as John Key bailing because of the coming property crash - of course that is the reason. Sell your house immediately or suffer the consequences. As far as Boag goes, of course she wasn't acting as a private person or as a PR consultant to the butcher, even though that is her occupation. No, this was part of her role as a senior National party spokeswoman. I have all this on extremely good authority.
    Anything else I can clarify for you - just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    You do worry about the strangest of things eZ, so I'll try and help you out.
    Michelle Boag was under strict instructions from the National party to describe this woman as coffee coloured. Just as Leitch was personally told by John Key, Bill English and of course Crombie Texter, to tell everyone that Waiheke was a white man's island. The definite link between Peter Leitch and the National party is quite clear. The attendees at a National party fund raiser were once seen eating sausages which may have come from the mad butcher himself. This requires further investigation. Perhaps Nicky Hagar could get right on to it. As far as John Key bailing because of the coming property crash - of course that is the reason. Sell your house immediately or suffer the consequences. As far as Boag goes, of course she wasn't acting as a private person or as a PR consultant to the butcher, even though that is her occupation. No, this was part of her role as a senior National party spokeswoman. I have all this on extremely good authority.
    Anything else I can clarify for you - just ask.
    Not true Fungus. National Party fundraising in Auckland is done at Antoines Restaurant. I dont think they serve sausages there, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Not true Fungus. National Party fundraising in Auckland is done at Antoines Restaurant. I dont think they serve sausages there, but I could be wrong.
    You get a black rice, chicken and aubergine sausage with the quail at Antione's

Good guy is Tony
    Last edited by winner69; 07-01-2017 at 02:36 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I heard he couriered sausages to their Greymouth annual ball.

Advanced Member

The Mad Butcher did not say "this is a white man's island" to the slightly Maori woman. He said "this is a white mans island also". If you heard her expletive riddled statement, broadcast the other morning you would believe that in her culture every full stop, comma or other punctuation mark must be replaced by the F**** word.

Look it is small group of influencers in this country, in Auckland you are talking in the hundreds, everyone knows everyone..one reason I looked at having interest offshore..such a small group here..way to small and way to much group think stymied this country for a long time. Does my head in.

Banter seemed both ways (which never works out well..silly silly) and her comments if correct were in the same category..just victim PC BS again.
    Last edited by Raz; 07-01-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    The Mad Butcher did not say "this is a white man's island" to the slightly Maori woman. He said "this is a white mans island also". If you heard her expletive riddled statement, broadcast the other morning you would believe that in her culture every full stop, comma or other punctuation mark must be replaced by the F**** word.
    Is she Irish then? She sounds like that Mrs Brown character. She's great crack/craic when she gets going in full flight too. Great gas.

Advanced Member

Mrs brown knows how to use the word - This silly woman doesn't know any other word. "Mrs Brown's" mother was a leading figure in the Irish Hotel Workers union. My uncle Frank Purcell (Senator) was head of that union and general Secretary of the Irish Transport and General Workers union for decades. So be careful - you're treading on very f******thin ice here!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    ...So be careful - you're treading on very f******thin ice here!
    Why?

The TV Dubliner, Mrs Brown is a fictional comic creation of O'Carroll probably based more on the performances of Les Dawson, an Englishman from Manchester, than on his own mother. The "slightly Maori" woman, whose "culture" you are critiquing is not fictional. Should a comic creation be sacrosanct but an actual NZ person and her "culture" be fair game?

Mrs Brown: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/r...browns-7064865
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...-his-own-mammy