sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Im not convinced at all ElZorro.... This is about Carbon, but carbon is a good thing and we should be aiming for 600ppm or more...

http://www.thegwpf.org/images/storie...ouse_gases.pdf
    Yes, very amusing, but I wasn't fooled for a second. Maybe you were?

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...limate-science

A PM called Bill - just doesn't sound or feel right

Any other world leaders called Bill?

We did have a Bill as PM a few years ago but he was pretty useless ......but Bill Massey was pretty good according to my Grandfather
    Last edited by winner69; 02-02-2017 at 06:53 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

You may have heard of a Clinton with a similar name.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

We did have a Bill as PM a few years ago but he was pretty useless ......but Bill Massey was pretty good according to my Grandfather
    This Bill's up against it - he's bringing National through to the end of three terms, their only chance of staying in might be a lot of luck and a huge deal for Winston Peters. Will that scenario bring in the funds required for their marketing and propaganda - I'm not sure.

As for policy, Bill was able to release the new police numbers deal that is close to what Labour were proposing. Only Labour would spend a bit more for extra numbers. This has been on the cards for months, even though National signed off on a clamp on police numbers for four years, just a year ago.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/politi...police-numbers

Since Labour has four main policy areas for 2017, and Law and Order is one of them, this is perhaps the easiest one for National to sort out, before the electioneering starts. These new employees will pay taxes, net result is not a great deal of cost at all. It would have been National's immigration, education and housing policies that brought police the extra work anyway, so they should take ownership in sorting it out.

As I watched Bill reading out his speech yet again, I almost missed seeing John Key up there, spouting rubbish but at least doing it well.
    Last edited by elZorro; 03-02-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

These new employees will pay taxes, net result is not a great deal of cost at all.
    That's a ridiculous comment. Are you still reading the old tax tables from when Labour last had a fling at wrecking the show?

As I watched Bill reading out his speech yet again, I almost missed seeing John Key up there, spouting rubbish but at least doing it well.
    Sorry you feel that way. I see Bill English delivering the same high quality policies as his predecessor who managed to steer NZ safe through the quite rough aftermath of the GFC, but without the person cult. This must be a good thing - isn't it?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    That's a ridiculous comment. Are you still reading the old tax tables from when Labour last had a fling at wrecking the show?
    I seem to recall it was National that put up the GST rates, twice at least. Taxes on fuel, normal PAYE, then the follow-on support activity associated with more staff at Police HQ, those businesses will also pay taxes in various ways. If crime prevention saves on other costs, and that's brought in, the net cost to the taxpayer will be low.

Legend

I seem to recall it was National that put up the GST rates, twice at least. Taxes on fuel, normal PAYE, then the follow-on support activity associated with more staff at Police HQ, those businesses will also pay taxes in various ways. If crime prevention saves on other costs, and that's brought in, the net cost to the taxpayer will be low.
    It's not restricted to police or new employees. There's information on IRD website to explain it to you. Allah alone knows where PAYE comes into it. Perhaps you mean income tax at a guess.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Sorry you feel that way. I see Bill English delivering the same high quality policies as his predecessor who managed to steer NZ safe through the quite rough aftermath of the GFC, but without the person cult. This must be a good thing - isn't it?
    John Key and Bill English had a really easy run after the GFC, because they just sat on their hands and borrowed money on the taxpayers of the future. They had no trouble borrowing the funds at good rates, because Labour had paid off almost all the old debt while growing the economy. When is National going to be in a position to repay that new debt? They're still borrowing at this point. A so-called economic miracle.

John Key steps down.

Later that week..

https://www.nzdmo.govt.nz/analyst-ce...sed-80-billion
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by elZorro; 04-02-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Legend

Obviously Peter Thiel's goodwill towards the NZ taxpayer doesn't extend very far. Steven Joyce shows relative incompetence here.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/n...ectid=11794020