sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Publicly telling influential back benchers to "pull their heads in" isn't going to do Little much good in Caucus. For everyone who voiced their thoughts there's bound to be at least 10 who didn't but just watched and thought. The leopard can't change his spots, just a matter of time before Jackson and a number of other loose cannon explode.
    Who will be Labour leader for the election? Interesting question. They'll have to sort it out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Furthermore, Jackson has the type of baggage that can never ever be unloaded. It's like the crass and common joke about the upstanding politician who achieved great things in his career, but for the the one time that he f&*^#d the goat, for ever on to be known as the .. 'goat [?]'... yeah, you know that joke.

Jackson will never ever escape his self inflicted down-trou on his 'roast busters' interview. It will haunt him for the rest of his days, why? Because no matter how he sugar coats it, apologises for it, humbles himself against it, it is the actual words on the actual day that says everything about the man, his beliefs and the scum bag that he is.

Bad choice Mr Little, very bad choice.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11795187

"Labour's spokeswoman on family and sexual violence, Poto Williams, tweeted today: "I am concerned that Willie Jackson is becoming a Labour Party candidate with a prominent ranking on the list."

Campaigner for victims of sexual violence Louise Nicholas said on Facebook that she was "gutted and disappointed" by the party's decision to take on Jackson."
    Agree, but than - we live in a post decent society. Remember - Trump did win because he avoided any decent behaviour and his supporters just love to hear his "locker room talk".

I hope that NZ is better than this - but not so sure anymore. Maybe Jackson is exactly what the Left needs to win.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Looks like Andrew Little could be in trouble..... (Excerpt taken from Kiwiblog)

"I’ve been involved in politics for around 30 years and I can’t recall ever before an MP hiring a public relations firm to help them promote a statement attacking a decision personally made by their party leader.

If Little lets this pass without sanction, then his leadership is even weaker than we thought. Any other leader in any other party would sack or suspend an MP who hired a PR firm to attack the party leader.

I mean think about that. An MP hired a PR firm to put out a press release attacking a star candidate hand picked by their own leader. And they think they can run the country.

The trouble is Little does not have the support of his caucus. He got monstered in the caucus room on Tuesday and has had to back away from the promised high list place for Willie Jackson. He has managed to alienate the Maori wing, the youth wing, the Rainbow wing, the parliamentary wing and the women’s wing of Labour in one go. And you know what, there isn’t much of Labour not in one of those wings."

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post

"I’ve been involved in politics for around 30 years and I can’t recall ever before an MP hiring a public relations firm to help them promote a statement attacking a decision personally made by their party leader.

If Little lets this pass without sanction, then his leadership is even weaker than we thought. Any other leader in any other party would sack or suspend an MP who hired a PR firm to attack the party leader.

I mean think about that. An MP hired a PR firm to put out a press release attacking a star candidate hand picked by their own leader. And they think they can run the country.

The trouble is Little does not have the support of his caucus. He got monstered in the caucus room on Tuesday and has had to back away from the promised high list place for Willie Jackson. He has managed to alienate the Maori wing, the youth wing, the Rainbow wing, the parliamentary wing and the women’s wing of Labour in one go. And you know what, there isn’t much of Labour not in one of those wings."
    Looks like Nationals campaign for the next election is up and running. Possibly upset Farrar's poll has National having to rely on Winston to win.
    Expect more dirty tricks from the activists.

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post

But according to eZ that's how Labour likes to run things.

'That's not huge infighting, that's normal for Labour. They like to discuss stuff openly and argue their points of view. In the end they'll come up with the right decision, whether Jackson is a good fit for Labour, or not. At least he has the message already, he'd better watch himself and the way he behaves, if he gets high up the list, where everyone else wants to be.'
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 08-02-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Advanced Member

I am not a labour supporter but they could improve a lot by moving Stuart Nash into the top job. He has been considered more than once but loses out to the other contenders who scrabble around under the table snatching up the crumbs.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    I am not a labour supporter but they could improve a lot by moving Stuart Nash into the top job. He has been considered more than once but loses out to the other contenders who scrabble around under the table snatching up the crumbs.

That'll happen soon.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    But according to eZ that's how Labour likes to run things.

'That's not huge infighting, that's normal for Labour. They like to discuss stuff openly and argue their points of view. In the end they'll come up with the right decision, whether Jackson is a good fit for Labour, or not. At least he has the message already, he'd better watch himself and the way he behaves, if he gets high up the list, where everyone else wants to be.'
    It's not perfect, but it's real. Apparently John Tamihere did all the talking in that radio interview, and they said at the start they would play devils' advocate, so looking at the work Willy Jackson has been doing elsewhere in the community, he looks to be a decent human being. Some politicians do seem to be very precious about their list options though.

At this stage, I don't think any Labour MPs have said anything that is rude or even incorrect, and they haven't quit their posts like John Key did, they are having a robust discussion, and all of that could have been done in caucus. Taxpayer money has not been squandered, no assets have been sold, no state house tenants have been bundled onto the streets.

The Labour leader is also secure, to the consternation of Craic and FP, who would like to see another changeover, just for the hell of it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

At this stage, I don't think any Labour MPs have said anything that is rude or even incorrect, and they haven't quit their posts like John Key did, .
    That's just a blatant lie and I mention off the top of my head Goff and Shearer but there are plenty more. Oh, Key is still in Parliament albeit on the backbenches....

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    It's not perfect, but it's real. Apparently John Tamihere did all the talking in that radio interview, and they said at the start they would play devils' advocate, so looking at the work Willy Jackson has been doing elsewhere in the community, he looks to be a decent human being. Some politicians do seem to be very precious about their list options though.

At this stage, I don't think any Labour MPs have said anything that is rude or even incorrect, and they haven't quit their posts like John Key did, they are having a robust discussion, and all of that could have been done in caucus. Taxpayer money has not been squandered, no assets have been sold, no state house tenants have been bundled onto the streets.

The Labour leader is also secure, to the consternation of Craic and FP, who would like to see another changeover, just for the hell of it.
    Willy and John have done a great deal together out in the community...if you do you due diligence you may be surprised what you will find.