sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    It's not perfect, but it's real. Apparently John Tamihere did all the talking in that radio interview, and they said at the start they would play devils' advocate, so looking at the work Willy Jackson has been doing elsewhere in the community, he looks to be a decent human being. Some politicians do seem to be very precious about their list options though.

At this stage, I don't think any Labour MPs have said anything that is rude or even incorrect, and they haven't quit their posts like John Key did, they are having a robust discussion, and all of that could have been done in caucus. Taxpayer money has not been squandered, no assets have been sold, no state house tenants have been bundled onto the streets.

The Labour leader is also secure, to the consternation of Craic and FP, who would like to see another changeover, just for the hell of it.
    No eZ. I would like Little to remain leader. Something will arise out of Labour's current mess. Possibly a new party of Labour Greens or something. But meanwhile I would not like to see labour rise in the polls. They are broken and need to be fixed properly - not with a short boost by changing leader. Let them die in peace.

Advanced Member

"To the consternation of" is a mindless remark in as far as I am concerned as I would love to see the present leader go into the next election where he will eaten alive, mostly by his own faithful comrades. National will not even have to try in that respect. But it would be better for the nation if they could go to the polls with a young and vibrant leadership who might inspire their supporters. Stuart Nash is the closest I have seen in Labours ranks. I have nothing to lose, regardless of the outcome - I will have turned eighty by the time the result is announced.
    Last edited by craic; 09-02-2017 at 03:36 PM.

“For example, New Zealand Prime Minister Bill English began his Sunday evening call with Trump by thanking the president for taking the time to talk during the Super Bowl and chatting about New Zealand golfer Bob Charles, said someone briefed on the call. The person said that set the tone for an amicable conversation, even though English went on to express disagreement with Trump’s executive order restricting travel from seven predominantly Muslim countries. “
    Quote from Politico.com web site. If the PM really wanted to make an impression he should have told Donald all immigration from the US to NZ was suspended given the thousands of Americans reportedly wanting to come here, until he rescinded his executive order. That would have put NZ and
    Bill on the world stage. Could even help his re election chances.
    westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    "To the consternation of" is a mindless remark in as far as I am concerned as I would love to see the present leader go into the next election where he will eaten alive, mostly by his own faithful comrades. National will not even have to try in that respect. But it would be better for the nation if they could go to the polls with a young and vibrant leadership who might inspire their supporters. Stuart Nash is the closest I have seen in Labours ranks. I have nothing to lose, regardless of the outcome - I will have turned eighty by the time the result is announced.
    What about that bet Craic? I will keep something aside.

Press release on Labour's website, they're working through the Jackson - Williams issue.

http://www.labour.org.nz/poto_williams_statement

Stuart Nash does look promising, he's smart in a business-like way. There is just so much more to Labour, he's cut a few corners, he's still in his apprenticeship I think. But it would be great to see another Nash high up in the Labour Party. Keep working, Stuart.
    Last edited by elZorro; 09-02-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    What about that bet Craic?

Stuart Nash does look promising, he's smart in a business-like way. There is just so much more to Labour, he's cut a few corners, he's still in his apprenticeship I think. But it would be great to see another Nash high up in the Labour Party. Keep working, Stuart.
    I told you that sometime ago eZ, but you were insistent that Cunliffe, or maybe it was Little, was the perfect leader. Can't remember which one was having a turn when I said that. Wasn't Goff and I don't think it was Shearer. Have I missed any?
    Fortunately Stuart Nash doesn't seem anywhere near as red as old Walter.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 09-02-2017 at 07:57 PM.

"The Labour leader is also secure, to the consternation of Craic and FP, who would like to see another changeover, just for the hell of it."

I suspect EZ, as he does so often, is putting thoughts in the minds of Craic and FP that they never said nor thought.

I for one am very keen on Andrew Little staying as Leader of the Labour Party until the election and hopefully after it, regardless of the outcome.

Not because he's good, but because he's useless!

Advanced Member

Amazing, how the Left hibernate on the weekends - probably down south trying to re-float dead whales for the Greens.

Legend

Amazing, how the Left hibernate on the weekends - probably down south trying to re-float dead whales for the Greens.
    It was cold down there...surely hibernation takes place to avoid the cold? I think on your scale, I am a leftie and I say let nature take its course in some of these instances, especially when the pods re-strand. Mass strandings have occurred throughout documented history. It replenishes the resources for Lefties' whalebone carvings and pendants

Beached Whale to Bone Carving
    http://www.newswire.co.nz/2013/05/be...bone-carvings/

Legend

Actually I was a bit crook over the weekend , Craic. Wasn't even from alcohol. But I'm fine now, thanks for asking.

Lefties are wondering if any of the voting public will figure out that Bill is taking us on a bit of a gullibility trip with housing.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politi...-shortage.html

Note he's getting prompts off to the side of the camera.

The fact is, when you look at the new population base National has brought in with their loose immigration policy, one that is not obviously matched to housing availability at the moment, the housing consent rate is still only just average, per head of population for the last few decades. It was far higher in the early 70s. Only a few houses have been built in the special housing areas of Auckland. A few so far. So the ones that are being built, are not for the majority of people at all. This is what has been causing the huge price rises in Auckland for existing stock.

National's policy on immigration has had the desired effect for rentiers, it has greatly inflated their portfolios. It may not have helped the economy long term, but that doesn't seem to be that important for this government. But will it cost them the election?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Given that about two thirds of the population own their own houses, there's a natural majority for rising house prices and people won't vote to crash house prices. Until the lefties realise that, they are just flagellating themselves...