sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Everyone please note that, if going forward, I only use the expression "going forward", to see if anyone notices it.

I won't.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I'll have to have a look on the web and see how many times National politicians used the expression "going forward", but I'm sure they did.
    Politicians from both sides of the house are frequently going forward. Labour politicians outshine National for the ridiculous practice of answering questions and beginning sentences with the word 'so'. And Winston Peters is an outright winner for 'the reality is'.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Politicians from both sides of the house are frequently going forward. Labour politicians outshine National for the ridiculous practice of answering questions and beginning sentences with the word 'so'. And Winston Peters is an outright winner for 'the reality is'.
    My reaction when I hear all these expressions from all sides of politics is similar to this: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7618706.html
    Thanks to Mhairi Black!

Here, spit the pips out of this one EZ - and this just the beginning!

Jacinda Ardern leapfrogs Andrew Little, PM Bill English not harmed by super age increase: poll
    6:39 PM Tuesday Mar 21, 2017

Labour's Jacinda Ardern has leapfrogged over her leader Andrew Little to get 10.5 per cent as preferred Prime Minister in the first poll since she became deputy leader.

The Newshub Reid-Research poll has Little on 8.3 per cent - down two points since the last Reid Research poll last year while Ardern was up by almost 8 points to 10.5 per cent.

Neither were close to Prime Minister Bill English on 25 per cent while NZ First leader Winston Peters was on 8.9 per cent. And 52 per cent of voters believed English was performing well - far outnumbering the 17 per cent who said he was not performing well.

That compared to 35 per cent who said Little was performing well while 36 per cent said he was performing badly.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post

Jacinda Ardern leapfrogs Andrew Little, PM Bill English not harmed by super age increase: poll

Labour's Jacinda Ardern has leapfrogged over her leader Andrew Little to get 10.5 per cent as preferred Prime Minister in the first poll since she became deputy leader.

The Newshub Reid-Research poll has Little on 8.3 per cent - down two points since the last Reid Research poll last year while Ardern was up by almost 8 points to 10.5 per cent.

Neither were close to Prime Minister Bill English on 25 per cent while NZ First leader Winston Peters was on 8.9 per cent. And 52 per cent of voters believed English was performing well - far outnumbering the 17 per cent who said he was not performing well.

That compared to 35 per cent who said Little was performing well while 36 per cent said he was performing badly.
    That's not fair. Rubbing it into poor old eZ will blow his head gasket.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post

But Bill still dropped from 31% to 25% in about a month as preferred PM. He's been elusive on policy so far.

Wonder what he'll say about the Hager book, which alleges war crimes followed by a cover-up. A cover-up that John Key probably knew about, maybe Bill too.

Guru

But Bill still dropped from 31% to 25% in about a month as preferred PM. He's been elusive on policy so far.

Wonder what he'll say about the Hager book, which alleges war crimes followed by a cover-up. A cover-up that John Key probably knew about, maybe Bill too.
    That Hagar book will not register one bit with the voters and nothing will come of it. (politically that is) Sorry to dash your hopes there El Zorro.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That Hagar book will not register one bit with the voters and nothing will come of it. (politically that is) Sorry to dash your hopes there El Zorro.
    I'm sure you won't be reading it, that seems to be the way to handle such things, for right-wingers. Pretend it doesn't exist, nothing happened?

"Dirty Politics" did have an effect: Jason Eade gone, Judith Collins stood down for a while and still shaken, another hit to JK's body armour, iPredict gone (Matthew Hooton embarrassed on TV for good reason), Slater besmirched. National are probably still using Crosby-Textor, so I wonder what their advice will be about the new book?
    Last edited by elZorro; 22-03-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Guru

I'm sure you won't be reading it, that seems to be the way to handle such things, for right-wingers. Pretend it doesn't exist, nothing happened?

"Dirty Politics" did have an effect: Jason Eade gone, Judith Collins stood down for a while and still shaken, another hit to JK's body armour, iPredict gone (Matthew Hooton embarrassed on TV for good reason), Slater besmirched. National are probably still using Crosby-Textor, so I wonder what their advice will be about the new book?
    I doubt Ipredict went because of dirty politics. But that aside, this will so called scandal not resonate with the general public. So from a political point of view its worth SFA. I guess the proof will be in the charges laid and verdicts handed out... if any.

In fact the story has already been dropped from both the front pages of Stuff and NZ Herald to be replaced by earth shattering gems such as:

Bieber sexy dance with NZ senior citizen

Flipping heck: $2000 a day in fast fire house sales

Ellen hospitalised after wine accident

Taumalolo set to sign biggest ever deal

Revealed: The only reason Charles married Diana
    Last edited by blackcap; 22-03-2017 at 08:45 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I doubt Ipredict went because of dirty politics. But that aside, this will so called scandal not resonate with the general public. So from a political point of view its worth SFA. I guess the proof will be in the charges laid and verdicts handed out... if any.
    Seaking of ipredict, I predict (close your eyes eZ) that shortly after the election Labour's leadership team will be Stuart Nash and Adern That is unless there is a change before the election. (You're okay eZ - you can look now)