sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Yep gave them that about 15 years ago. That is a one off. They still do not know what I do. Just what industry I operate in. It could be ElZorro that the enterprise surveys are only given to limited liability companies? Just anecdata, I process a few annual accounts for close friends and family and the only one that ever had to fill one in was my father.. but only when he changed from being a sole trader to operating under a LTD umbrella. But its possible that sole traders are also targeted with these. Maybe you get targeted as you are on the 5eyes activist base for being a Labour supporter?
    Blackcap, I see you've had to recant, the govt knows what industry you're in, that's enough for the broad stats to be completed.. I sometimes have to do two surveys as I'm on the radar for R&D as well. But I don't think I'd be any further up on the watch, pretty low profile really.

Here's an interesting chart, something else immigration appears to be strongly linked to.

Latest Joyce announcement not all it seems.
    Last edited by elZorro; 29-04-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Dilettante

So Willie Jackson managed to get Labour into a "crisis" before he even got on the list. Little must be well pleased with himself for headhunting this troublemaker !!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    So Willie Jackson managed to get Labour into a "crisis" before he even got on the list. Little must be well pleased with himself for headhunting this troublemaker !!
    Hi iceman. I hear on the wireless a few minutes ago that Mr Jackson is now happy. Speculation, again on the wireless, was that he either has a better list place or there is some other accommodation.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Hi iceman. I hear on the wireless a few minutes ago that Mr Jackson is now happy. Speculation, again on the wireless, was that he either has a better list place or there is some other accommodation.
    But he doesn't fit the quota. Are you suggesting he's had an urgent sex-change?

If so the name 'Willy' will have to go.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 01-05-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Dilettante

It will be interesting to see how much he's managed to influence them. There will be a lot of pi..ed off current and potential MPs

Guru

Dover Samuels pulled the same stunt years ago. Had Aunty Helen over a barrell until he got given 4th place on the list. She never forgot though and knifed him first chance she got

Legend

Sue Moroney is one casualty of the new list rankings already. That'll leave a bit of a vacuum in the Hamilton West area, they need a new candidate against National's Tim Macindoe.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Sue Moroney is one casualty of the new list rankings already. That'll leave a bit of a vacuum in the Hamilton West area, they need a new candidate against National's Tim Macindoe.
    Obnoxious Willy Jackson still way down the list. First sensible decision from Labour since Little took the helm.

Dilettante

A bit surprised how low Greg O'Connor is at number 40. He will have to beat Peter Dunn in Ohariu to go into parliament. Mallard needs Labour to get over 30% to have a chance of getting back in.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A bit surprised how low Greg O'Connor is at number 40. He will have to beat Peter Dunn in Ohariu to go into parliament. Mallard needs Labour to get over 30% to have a chance of getting back in.
    He probably will beat Dunne though. I think last election Dunne just got in by a whisker and his majority has been in decline such that I think it will be in negative come September. Mallard is gone and if Labour get 25-27% it will be interesting to see who on the list misses out...