sharetrader
    Advanced Member

I think Scotland had a Saint Andrew once but the Labour Party are a little bit short on that scale - or maybe they think martyrdom might be the way to go? My particular God, Amun Ra, boots me in the bollocks every time I take his name in vain. But sometimes he wins a race and we are friends again. The current bottle was found in the shed and I thought it was Caustic Soda but it didn't have the usual skull and crossbones in thick black all over it so some careful testing confirmed that it was Bundaberg and it's very nice. My wife settled for Stables Pinot Gris. Heartbeat and a couple of Last of the Summer Wine will finish the night.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    But do you have an answer to the question of what big picture thing National have done?
    Would a positive immigration at last fits the big picture you're trying to paint?

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Default Eat your greens Andy, mum says they make your hair curl.

What would Labour's ratings be if they had a leader with the "charisma" of a Kirk or a Lange?

Mind you, how would be National be going if they had a leader with a spot of the same?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Would a positive immigration at last fits the big picture you're trying to paint?
    Which National policy achieved that?
    I would agree, though, that it seems to have transformed the country - Auckland anyway.
    I'm not particularly enamoured with the transformation though.
    Last edited by dobby41; 31-05-2017 at 09:58 AM.

I would agree, though, that it seems to have transformed the country - Auckland anyway.
    I'm not particularly emamoured with the transformation though.
    Well, whatever policy it was - under National Kiwis are streaming back into the country (adding to the immigration pressure, while under aunt Helen Kiwis queued up at the departure gates).

People clearly voted with their feet against Labour's disastrous policies (leading into the GFC) and for Nationals sensible recovery efforts when they took control. Sure - Kiwis are coming back under National because most other countries did worse in the past GFC recovery. They now see a future here in New Zealand. I fail to see how anybody can hold this against a National government.

EZ and Dobbie - do you really want to reintroduce a catastrophic government driving Kiwis again out of their home country? Under Labour they saw no future on these shores. Do you really want to go back to this situation? Sure - it would drive property prices down and increase the number of unemployed and beneficiaries (all core Labour policies), but come on guys - I am sure you can do better than that. Just support a sensible liberal government under ACT and National ... you know, you want to do whats best for this country ...!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Maybe not under a specific policy but it's their gut feel then about the future because somehow they can feel it in their blood Though not particularly enamoured, you're seeing or experiencing that effect now.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    EZ and Dobbie - do you really want to reintroduce a catastrophic government driving Kiwis again out of their home country? Under Labour they saw no future on these shores. Do you really want to go back to this situation? Sure - it would drive property prices down and increase the number of unemployed and beneficiaries (all core Labour policies), but come on guys - I am sure you can do better than that. Just support a sensible liberal government under ACT and National ... you know, you want to do whats best for this country ...
    Do you honestly believe that drivel?
    There could be no other reason for our immigration, like maybe Australia suffering a down turn?

I think it is great that National have supplied a Labour budget.
    I would like to see National have a few ideas on how to transform the economy away from low value commodities.
    We'd need a bit of leadership for that.

Do you honestly believe that drivel?
    I suppose you talk about your posts?

Sad if that's all the Left has to offer ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I suppose you talk about your posts?

Sad if that's all the Left has to offer ...
    I am curious - do you think National has done the best they can or could (should) do more for the country?
    Do you think what we have now is the best we will/ can have?

Legend

I am curious - do you think National has done the best they can or could (should) do more for the country?
    Do you think what we have now is the best we will/ can have?
    To do the best would be politcal suicide. All govts. know this and very few take the action they know is necessary or they acheive nothing at all, cos they get booted out. Change frightens people. The noticeable exception in recent times was the bold, visionary Labour Govt. 1984 to 1990.