sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    There will always be people who whinge and moan and find excuses to do not much. And then there are those who knuckle down and get on with it.
    ...sure and there are those that ignore the scale of a current issue...or perhaps dismissing it as mainly a Jaffa problem...

There are some that want The Nats to win so that they can "eat the rat" that is a collapsing housing market and economic ****e storm that's looming on the horizon.

There are some that honestly think that it's a "winter thing" and the realty people are panicking and it's business as per usual no big deal who cares who's in charge so long as hubby's still working and I get my 2 weeks in Rarotonga with the Spa treatments and the wax treatments and I don't have to worry about the kid's private school fees.

There are some that are seething under a National government - they didn't fix the bloody roads, or housing there are homeless people everywhere, the Barclay thing, anything that John Campbell and RNZ say, and needing a few more kale salads and Lululemon Athletica pants from Ponsonby road.

There are some that will always vote for Winnie as he got us the gold card. Blue team as we love Rodgernomics and can't seem to make the connection between why they don't have grandchildren yet, and their 20 somethings grandchild that has racked up over $100,000 at Elim doing a fine arts degree, eating a crap load of anti-anxiety meds too...

Then there are some that have returned home after finding Australia to farken hard. Pissed at the Nat govt for not sticking up for them in Australia for the last few years. Screw you Blue team.

Then there's some aging retiree that's - Oh well I've always voted Blue team. Since 1970.

Politics eh?

From a JAFFA. (and happy to be one.)
    Last edited by Blackrose; 26-06-2017 at 07:17 PM. Reason: words

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrose View Post
    There are some that want The Nats to win so that they can "eat the rat" that is a collapsing housing market and economic ****e storm that's looming on the horizon.

There are some that honestly think that it's a "winter thing" and the realty people are panicking and it's business as per usual no big deal who cares who's in charge so long as hubby's still working and I get my 2 weeks in Rarotonga with the Spa treatments and the wax treatments and I don't have to worry about the kid's private school fees.

There are some that are seething under a National government - they didn't fix the bloody roads, or housing there are homeless people everywhere, the Barclay thing, anything that John Campbell and RNZ say, and needing a few more kale salads and Lululemon Athletica pants from Ponsonby road.

There are some that will always vote for Winnie as he got us the gold card. Blue team as we love Rodgernomics and can't seem to make the connection between why they don't have grandchildren yet, and their 20 somethings grandchild that has racked up over $100,000 at Elim doing a fine arts degree, eating a crap load of anti-anxiety meds too...

Then there are some that have returned home after finding Australia to farken hard. Pissed at the Nat govt for not sticking up for them in Australia for the last few years. Screw you Blue team.

Then there's some aging retiree that's - Oh well I've always voted Blue team. Since 1970.

Politics eh?

And then there is EZ and his likes of hardcore Labour supporters which fail to see how utterly useless Labour and its Leader are and as a consequence, fail to provide the voting public with a realistic alternative. So the " Blue Team" will prevail !!

Guru

Politics eh?

Hehe...I like your voter roundup. How would you describe those idealist folks thinking of voting for Morgan's TOP?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    And then there is EZ and his likes of hardcore Labour supporters which fail to see how utterly useless Labour and its Leader are and as a consequence, fail to provide the voting public with a realistic alternative. So the " Blue Team" will prevail !!
    That's a bit off, Iceman. From my point of view National has had long enough to show some real leadership with policy, and have failed in many areas. Climate change, tax changes, R&D push, growing a stronger economy, housing/immigration, rail, and I could go on.

In contrast, if you could just cast your mind back to the previous nine years when the Labour team brought through some of the best policies we have seen in a long time (most still in place), growing the economy, reducing inequality, and paying off most of a big old crown debt as well.

The data is all there at Stats NZ - Labour did a great job, National wouldn't even have a pass mark. They cruised, they didn't do their homework in general, they tried cheating more often than not (handouts to mates, lobbyists and top tier hangers-on).

You won't see how good a Labour-Green team could be until they are back in power, hopefully just three months to go.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    That's a bit off, Iceman. From my point of view National has had long enough to show some real leadership with policy, and have failed in many areas. Climate change, tax changes, R&D push, growing a stronger economy, housing/immigration, rail, and I could go on.

In contrast, if you could just cast your mind back to the previous nine years when the Labour team brought through some of the best policies we have seen in a long time (most still in place), growing the economy, reducing inequality, and paying off most of a big old crown debt as well.

The data is all there at Stats NZ - Labour did a great job, National wouldn't even have a pass mark. They cruised, they didn't do their homework in general, they tried cheating more often than not (handouts to mates, lobbyists and top tier hangers-on).

You won't see how good a Labour-Green team could be until they are back in power, hopefully just three months to go.
    By the sound of that eZ they should be easy to beat - but they're not. Doesn't that tell you how useless the main opposition party is? So are Labour and the Greens.

Well Iceman, (Sorry I had to giggle - Top Gun, really? Nah it's old school cool.)

Oddly there are a few people that are not happy with the Blue Team for x reasons. The biggest one is housing. The next land mine will be underemployment and a lack of credible metrics for job growth. Blue Team are on the hook for this. When an academic, interviewed on the topic of cyber bulling and they start talking about how Paula Bennett is such a focus for vitriol on social media, especially facebook you gotta wonder just how much voter anger there is out there.

Bjauck, Who are our TOP voters.

They gotta be odd balls. People that relate to Garth Morgan - aka guy who wants to kill all the cats...

Well that's gotta be the 30 year old man still living at home in the garage, playing world of warcraft and growing a beard that's past his collar bones?

Dilettante

Well Iceman, (Sorry I had to giggle - Top Gun, really? Nah it's old school cool.)

Oddly there are a few people that are not happy with the Blue Team for x reasons. The biggest one is housing. The next land mine will be underemployment and a lack of credible metrics for job growth. Blue Team are on the hook for this. When an academic, interviewed on the topic of cyber bulling and they start talking about how Paula Bennett is such a focus for vitriol on social media, especially facebook you gotta wonder just how much voter anger there is out there.

Bjauck, Who are our TOP voters.

They gotta be odd balls. People that relate to Garth Morgan - aka guy who wants to kill all the cats...

Well that's gotta be the 30 year old man still living at home in the garage, playing world of warcraft and growing a beard that's past his collar bones?
    Now that we know all that, we shall watch the only poll that matters with interest in September and see how it turns out. Of course there are many people not happy with a Government that's been there for 9 years. Anything else would be odd. The issue,as has been discussed on here at length should you wish to read a few pages back, is the lack of credible alternative.

Suggest you read some of Morgan's policies, don't think they're only about killing cats ! That particular private issue of his was about protecting birds, not killing cats. No idea what you're going on about Top Gun. Have never watched it so can't comment !

EZ,hope I didn't offend you with my earlier comment. Was just tongue in cheek :-)
    Last edited by iceman; 27-06-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Dilettante

Today Andrew Little admits the slave labour scheme was indeed being run by McCarten while he was the head of Labour's Auckland office and they no longer are on speaking terms. And a Labour councl member steps down for his role with the scheme. Little also says Labour likely has to pick up the bill.

I hope posters on here are no longer saying this program had nothing to do with the Labour Party. It is 100% responsible for this (possibly illegal) mess.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Today Andrew Little admits the slave labour scheme was indeed being run by McCarten while he was the head of Labour's Auckland office and they no longer are on speaking terms. And a Labour councl member steps down for his role with the scheme. Little also says Labour likely has to pick up the bill.

I hope posters on here are no longer saying this program had nothing to do with the Labour Party. It is 100% responsible for this (possibly illegal) mess.
    And true Labour people will sort it out. The students are now being billeted all around NZ and should have a much better experience from here on. So this issue should resolve fairly quickly for Labour.

National have to cope with the fallout from the police case against Barclay being opened again. I'm sure that the tape or recording will be long destroyed by now, which is probably why Bill was mentioning so often, that a case has not been proved. But in this event, Bill went and sent a text, he documented the existence of a recording. Not too smart. John would never have sent a text. So thanks Bill, on behalf of the Labour Party.. (or maybe Bill is indeed trying to be honest sometimes).